Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > just think about wirless devices having VoIP

just think about wirless devices having VoIP

news

hello all,
i was wondering if anyone has come to a setup where a handheld PDA is used
in VoIP. the idea is to use the wireless connection and voice over ip at the
same time

Kyler Laird

http://www.thekompany.com/embedded/tkcphone/

>the idea is to use the wireless connection and voice over ip at the
>same time

The Zaurus readily handles 802.11b cards. (I'm hoping to get GPRS working
too.)

--kyler

Brian Jones

I believe that xten was working on a client for the iPaq and also I
think Cisco has a wireless 802.11b phone.

Brian.

news wrote:
> hello all,
> i was wondering if anyone has come to a setup where a handheld PDA is used
> in VoIP. the idea is to use the wireless connection and voice over ip at the
> same time

Gary Gapinski

news wrote:
> i was wondering if anyone has come to a setup where a handheld PDA is used
> in VoIP.

http://www.ipblue.com/solutions_vtgopocketpc.htm

SPD

I didn't see any applications listed for Palm handhelds
in any of the responses to this post. Does anyone
know if a SIP client for Palm Tungsten C handhelds
exists?

Thanks,Steve

SPD wrote:

> I didn't see any applications listed for Palm handhelds
> in any of the responses to this post. Does anyone
> know if a SIP client for Palm Tungsten C handhelds
> exists?

http://www.vliusa.com/prof_personal/palmgphone.php

Steve Blair

Gary:

I'm missing something. When I click the link
provided I get to the vliusa web site. I do not
see an installer for Palm OS. Can you provide
the specific link to install on the Palm from
the cradle?

Thanks,Steve

Steve Blair wrote:

> Gary:
>
> I'm missing something. When I click the link
> provided I get to the vliusa web site. I do not
> see an installer for Palm OS. Can you provide
> the specific link to install on the Palm from
> the cradle?
>
> Thanks,Steve
>
> Gary Gapinski wrote:
>> SPD wrote:
>> Does anyone know if a SIP client for Palm Tungsten C
>> handhelds exists?
>>
>> http://www.vliusa.com/prof_personal/palmgphone.php

Sorry. The product appears to not yet be available. It was to have been
released in July. It's probably best to contact ((E-Mail Removed))
the vendor for an availability date.