Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > BudgeTone SIP phones

BudgeTone SIP phones

Ron Crash

Are these any good / bad to use with Asterisk?

They look like a nice simple featured phone, but I want a couple others
opinion before I buy.

Thanks,

Steve Blair

Dear Ron:

I've never heard of these. Can you provide more
detail? I'm looking for SIP based, easy to use,
rugged single line sets.

Thanks,Steve

Ron Crash wrote:
> Are these any good / bad to use with Asterisk?
>
> They look like a nice simple featured phone, but I want a couple others
> opinion before I buy.
>
> Thanks,

Ron Crash

They are from Grandstream

http://www.grandstream.com/y-product.htm

http://www.ovislink.ca/News/BT100.htm

"Steve Blair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bg88g8$3epm$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Dear Ron:
>
> I've never heard of these. Can you provide more
> detail? I'm looking for SIP based, easy to use,
> rugged single line sets.
>
> Thanks,Steve
>
> Ron Crash wrote:
> > Are these any good / bad to use with Asterisk?
> >
> > They look like a nice simple featured phone, but I want a couple others
> > opinion before I buy.
> >
> > Thanks,

Beep

Ron Crash wrote:

> Are these any good / bad to use with Asterisk?
>
> They look like a nice simple featured phone, but I want a couple others
> opinion before I buy.
>
> Thanks,

A simple problem with this kind of VoIP Phone is that you are tethered to
the based of the unit, i.e. you are not mobileable when using the device.
Sure it looks nice, especially it is a whole as a VoIP device that requires
no host (computer) to operate. I wonder how much does this device cost on
an open market.

Basically, I am pretty happy with my VoIPBlaster (VB) devices that I bought
for about US$10/each and can use them to communicate with my folks using
fobbit software (http://www.fobbit.org). The beauty of using such a VB
device is that I can attached a cordless phone and be able to talk to my
folks while taking a dump in the restroom or working out in my gymnastic
room!

Kyler Laird

"Ron Crash" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>Well, they do have a device that you can plug any phone into which makes it
>a VoIP handset. So you could get the cordless phone and do the same. They
>have not released it yet, but soon.

Have any of the phones been released? Where do I get some?

I've seen reviews of the 101 and 102, but I thought they were just
preview versions. I haven't found anyone selling them.

Thank you.

--kyler

Thomas Ries

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:19:08 +0200, Kyler Laird wrote:

> "Ron Crash" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>>Well, they do have a device that you can plug any phone into which makes
>>it a VoIP handset. So you could get the cordless phone and do the same.
>> They have not released it yet, but soon.

> Have any of the phones been released? Where do I get some?
>
> I've seen reviews of the 101 and 102, but I thought they were just
> preview versions. I haven't found anyone selling them.

I'm looking for a place withing *Switzerland* to buy such a phone.
But it only seems to be possible to directly order at grandstream.
According to info from grandstream, the cost of the model 101
is about 75 US$, the 102 costs 85 US$. Shipment to Switzerland
is typically around 75 US$.

Is there anybody out here from Switzerland that also plays with
the thought of buying an grandstream SIP phone? If so, we could
make an collective order to reduce the huge shipment cost.

Regards,
/Thomas

--
To mail me, include my GPG fingerprint in your message body.
Mails without fingerprint may be trashed by SPAM filters.

Key fingerprint = 13D1 19F5 77D0 4CEC 8D3F A24E 09FC C18A 87BC DC94

Kyler Laird

Thomas Ries <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>> Have any of the phones been released? Where do I get some?

>I'm looking for a place withing *Switzerland* to buy such a phone.
>But it only seems to be possible to directly order at grandstream.
>According to info from grandstream, the cost of the model 101
>is about 75 US$, the 102 costs 85 US$. Shipment to Switzerland
>is typically around 75 US$.

Where do you see this?! I've checked
http://grandstream.com/
several times over the last few months but I haven't found any
mention of prices (other than "World's Most Cost Affordable") or
availability.

I want to plug in my credit card number and get a couple of these.
Even if they are crappy, they'd be a place to start for VoIP
experiments.

Thank you.

--kyler

Thomas Ries

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 15:19:10 +0200, Kyler Laird wrote:

> Thomas Ries <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>>> Have any of the phones been released? Where do I get some?

>>I'm looking for a place withing *Switzerland* to buy such a phone. But
>>it only seems to be possible to directly order at grandstream. According
>>to info from grandstream, the cost of the model 101 is about 75 US$, the
>>102 costs 85 US$. Shipment to Switzerland is typically around 75 US$.

> Where do you see this?! I've checked
> http://grandstream.com/
> several times over the last few months but I haven't found any mention
> of prices (other than "World's Most Cost Affordable") or availability.
>
> I want to plug in my credit card number and get a couple of these. Even
> if they are crappy, they'd be a place to start for VoIP experiments.

I wrote a email to the cpntact address mentioned on the web site
(info at grandstream dot com) and asked for prices and distributors.
(They only have offices in US and China).

/Thomas
--
To mail me, include my GPG fingerprint in your message body.
Mails without fingerprint may be trashed by SPAM filters.

Key fingerprint = 13D1 19F5 77D0 4CEC 8D3F A24E 09FC C18A 87BC DC94

T Horse

I've order from a company called TelAppliant (www.telappliant.com) based in
the UK. From what I hear they ship to anywhere in Europe.

"Thomas Ries" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsan.2003.08.05.23.02.52.948453.20109@despamme d.com...

> >>I'm looking for a place withing *Switzerland* to buy such a phone. But
> >>it only seems to be possible to directly order at grandstream. According
> >>to info from grandstream, the cost of the model 101 is about 75 US$, the
> >>102 costs 85 US$. Shipment to Switzerland is typically around 75 US$.

> > Where do you see this?! I've checked
> > http://grandstream.com/
> > several times over the last few months but I haven't found any mention
> > of prices (other than "World's Most Cost Affordable") or availability.
> >
> > I want to plug in my credit card number and get a couple of these. Even
> > if they are crappy, they'd be a place to start for VoIP experiments.

> I wrote a email to the cpntact address mentioned on the web site
> (info at grandstream dot com) and asked for prices and distributors.
> (They only have offices in US and China).
>
> /Thomas
> --
> To mail me, include my GPG fingerprint in your message body.
> Mails without fingerprint may be trashed by SPAM filters.
>
> Key fingerprint = 13D1 19F5 77D0 4CEC 8D3F A24E 09FC C18A 87BC DC94

Beep

Well, until the company has released the device for sale, it looks like they
don't have such a device.