Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > FXO Recommendation

FXO Recommendation

Iain McWilliams

Can anyone recommend an FXO gateway to connect a home worker to our PBX via
an IP Phone?

We have a cisco 2610 but whilst the FXO module is reasonable in price the
upgrade in IOS is not. (We only an IP Only IOS).

So which FXO device will work well and work reliably? I've had a look at
Asterix but (at the moment) it seems overkill for a single remote extension
to our PBX.

Thanks,
Iain

Alexandre Chauvin-Hameau

Try to have a look at micronet (www.micronet.info), they have some simple
products for analog connectivity at good price. Whe have installed a come of
these with success.

Regards, Alex.
--
http://www.cis-consultants.com/

"Iain McWilliams" <(E-Mail Removed)> a crit dans le message de
news:3f2576bd$0$56600$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Can anyone recommend an FXO gateway to connect a home worker to our PBX

via
> an IP Phone?
>
> We have a cisco 2610 but whilst the FXO module is reasonable in price the
> upgrade in IOS is not. (We only an IP Only IOS).
>
> So which FXO device will work well and work reliably? I've had a look at
> Asterix but (at the moment) it seems overkill for a single remote

extension
> to our PBX.
>
> Thanks,
> Iain

Iain McWilliams

"RC acsvoicedata.com>" <rcohen@<no spam> wrote in message
newsLvVa.5918$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's you PBX?

Euracom 2xBRI unit

> What area are you in?

UK

> There are some IP extending devices that will let you place a digital PBX
> extension remotely over IP.
>
> Office
> PBX-Station port- IP Gateway-----IP LAN------Router-----Internet--->

> Internet----Router----IP Station port Extender---digital phone set.
>
> The nice thing about this is that the phone is exactly the same as the one
> in the office.

All the extensions on the above PBX are analogue.

Thanks anyway.

Iain

Miguel Cruz

In article <PLvVa.5918$(E-Mail Removed)>, RC <rcohen@<no spam> wrote:
> What's you PBX?
> What area are you in?
> There are some IP extending devices that will let you place a digital PBX
> extension remotely over IP.

Do you know whether these exist for Norstar 8x24?

miguel

Peter - QTelNet Inc.

Gentlemen,

One of QTelNet Inc. (www.qtelnet.com) best selling products is the
"Telecommuter Solution" with the 2 port FXO and IP phone for the
remote worker. All features of the PBX are extended to the user
including page, transfer etc. The units are stand alone, can work in
any networking sceanario and simply plug into an analogue extension
off your exisiting legacy PBX and you are able to lock down the units
via MAC security feature so that other people can not access the
company phone network via the FXO.

Please call me at 1-877-332-8346 (North America) 403-291-2492
(overseas) or email http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) if you wish further
information.

Peter Carr
Sales - QTelNet Inc.

FXO to FXO connection NeoN Cisco 1 12-19-2006 04:39 AM
Cisco FXO module open pending Reza Cisco 0 04-16-2004 05:23 PM
(PBX)-pots<->vic-fxo-(cisco2600)-10baseT<->10baseT-(cisco ata-186)-FXS-pots? cyrus Cisco 0 11-24-2003 10:26 PM
fxo interface Graham Turner Cisco 0 10-20-2003 01:23 PM
SIP FXO gateways recommendation? Hugo Drax VOIP 2 10-08-2003 03:10 AM

Advertisments