Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VoIP newby help?

VoIP newby help?

Carlton Whitmore

We have an existing VPN (hardware at each location), running over xDSL in 14
locations. Each office has a min. of 384k upload bandwidth with each office
ranging from 4 to 11 people. The VPN box at each location also acts as the
router, but it does not have Layer 2 capabilities. Is there anyone out there
with a similar setup that is using VoIP over xDSL? ( SBC is our provider at
all but two locations)
I'm having a hard time finding someone running VoIP on xDSL w/o QoS.
Any help would be appreciated.
Carlton.

Plato

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:50:29 -0500, "Carlton Whitmore"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>We have an existing VPN (hardware at each location), running over xDSL in 14
>locations. Each office has a min. of 384k upload bandwidth with each office
>ranging from 4 to 11 people. The VPN box at each location also acts as the
>router, but it does not have Layer 2 capabilities. Is there anyone out there
>with a similar setup that is using VoIP over xDSL? ( SBC is our provider at
>all but two locations)
>I'm having a hard time finding someone running VoIP on xDSL w/o QoS.
>Any help would be appreciated.
>Carlton.

talk to anyone using Vonage or Packet8. Both provide VoIP over DSL
w/o QoS

Carlton Whitmore

I'm looking to integrate our existing VPN with an VoIP hardware solution. We
are looking at Avaya at this time.
What I need to know is anyone else has a VoIP PBX at serveral locations over
DSL.
thanks,
Carlton.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...