Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > help, two voip network interconnect!

help, two voip network interconnect!

Lin Meng

Hi, everyone:
I have one question about how two voip network connect each other.
My environment is there are two voip LAN, they are not in the same company.
They belong to two seperate different company. each LAN connected to
Internet with only one public address(ADSL). Addresses in LAN is private. We
have IP phones and gatekeeper in each environment.Now we need
connect the two LAN to dial each other. I search the group, but only see
the articles about two networks under one company situation. They have
unique address plan. In my situation, I can't use VPN to connect the two
networks. The public address in each network is known in advance. Like this:

--------------------| |-----------------------
| ip phone ,GK, LAN |-adsl-Internet-adsl---| LAN, GK, ip phones |

I guess it seems need PBX-like device in IP environment. The two PBX-like device
can call each other, then continue dail their sub-pone like PSTN
situation.
Anyone know about it and solve it?

Thanks in Advance!

Jeremy McNamara

http://www.asterisk.org/

If you need assistance there is professional help available.

Jeremy McNamara