Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > 3COM NBX pcXset over VPN

3COM NBX pcXset over VPN

bostonGuy

Hi,
I am trying to use 3COM pcXset over a broadband vpn connection. I
don't use any NAT or firewall on client machine to test it. pcXset
does get extension from the NBX 100 system. I can dial using pcXset
but voice never goes through. We are using WatchGuard firewall at the
office.

Can it be a firewall issue ? or NCP needs a physical ip address to
connect to the phone network.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

RC

I'm trying to remember what I learned about the pxXset, but by default the
NBX is a Voice-over-Ethernet system, not VoIP. Did you buy the IP (Internet)
Option? Regardless you will have to configure you firewall.
"bostonGuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi,
> I am trying to use 3COM pcXset over a broadband vpn connection. I
> don't use any NAT or firewall on client machine to test it. pcXset
> does get extension from the NBX 100 system. I can dial using pcXset
> but voice never goes through. We are using WatchGuard firewall at the
> office.
>
> Can it be a firewall issue ? or NCP needs a physical ip address to
> connect to the phone network.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
> Thanks

bostonGuy

Yeah,

You are right. We didn't have IP-On-Fly licence. It turned out to be
quite expensive solution. Because our company will have to buy
IP-On-Fly license, pcXset individual license and maybe TAPIWave
licence.

Basically we are looking for two different itegrations with the 3COM
phone system.

1- Click to talk functionality from our website
2- Remote SoftPhone access to the 3COM NBX system.

I am currently researching using NetMeeting with H.323 Gateway but
netmeeting voice quality isn't that great

I also looked into CrystalVoice ISS server and it turned out to be
very expensive. Are you aware of any other products which will provide
above funcionality ?

Thanks so much for responding to the message earlier

Regards

NBX 100/3com VoIP phones over a p2p T1 w/a 2500 and 3600. Phil J Cisco 0 11-01-2004 10:02 PM
3Com NBX 100 DoSing network! Greg VOIP 3 06-15-2004 02:07 PM
3Com NBX 100 VOIP thur VPN Nick Kummer VOIP 0 03-01-2004 08:13 PM
H.323 gateways for 3COM NBX bostonGuy VOIP 1 07-30-2003 02:05 PM
3Com NBX + NAT DMZ Edmond VOIP 2 07-08-2003 02:50 PM

Advertisments