Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Asterisk

Asterisk

GREGORY BURNS

07-06-2003
Group,

I got a project and was wondering if asterisk is the right program to use. We currently using Cisco ATA's around the world with GnuGK, but we also what to use SIP. I believe Asterisk has a SIP server? It seem like Asterisk does a lot, and I would love to get to know it better. But is it more for just a PBX like in a office or is it a good application to use to tie ATA and other SIP devices together around the world. We will need to get CDR's, perform basic routing of calls, provide some phones from calling if they run out of money, stuff like that.

Thanks, Greg

--
GREGORY BURNS

shido

07-06-2003
Asterisk can do what you need and some things you havent mentioned like custom IVRs, voicemail, conferencing, and etceteras.

-Greg

"GREGORY BURNS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Group,

I got a project and was wondering if asterisk is the right program to use. We currently using Cisco ATA's around the world with GnuGK, but we also what to use SIP. I believe Asterisk has a SIP server? It seem like Asterisk does a lot, and I would love to get to know it better. But is it more for just a PBX like in a office or is it a good application to use to tie ATA and other SIP devices together around the world. We will need to get CDR's, perform basic routing of calls, provide some phones from calling if they run out of money, stuff like that.

Thanks, Greg

--
GREGORY BURNS