Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Gateway H.323 software

Gateway H.323 software

Jeremy McNamara

Yes, that someone is me, I wrote chan_h323.

Jeremy McNamara

Peter wrote:
>>It can become a gatekeeper with the proper motivation.

> You mean like someone writing additional code for chan_h323?
>
> Peter

Jeremy McNamara

gnugk has many issues... the biggest being half implemented or not
properly implemented features. The next being the different directions
the developers seem to want to go with it. Gatekeepers are supposed to
gatekeep, not cook dinner. (ie feature creep)

openh323gk has stalled, the last i knew.

opengk is not even close to being usable in a service providing environment.

So, I wrote my own, which ~could~ get integrated into chan_h323, but
time is money and its not going to be a trivial task.

(No my gatekeeper is not public, at this point)

Jeremy McNamara