Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Gateway H.323 software

Gateway H.323 software

Molz

Hi,

Is it possible to have a gateway H.323 completly software?
I don't want to buy an hardware card.

If it is possible were can I find one?

Thanks a lot

shido

Asterisk

http://www.asterisk.org

-Greg

"Molz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a gateway H.323 completly software?
> I don't want to buy an hardware card.
>
> If it is possible were can I find one?
>
> Thanks a lot

Molz

Thanks

Molz

I've visited the web site.
The software doesn't lokk like what I want (but I can be in wrong).
I need a sofware that makes from H.323 gateway, for example I want to
set netmeeting in all the PC of my network to use that gateway to make
outgoing call. If it is impossible please tell me "It's impossible!".

Thanks, bye

Neil Smith

Ohh - you mean you want a H323 *Gatekeeper* O well , try

www.dialupaudio.com

for a netmeeting gatekeeper 'Dual Gatekeeper', that ought to keep you
busy. Cheers - Neil Smith

On 3 Jul 2003 05:38:10 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Molz) wrote:

>I've visited the web site.
>The software doesn't lokk like what I want (but I can be in wrong).
>I need a sofware that makes from H.323 gateway, for example I want to
>set netmeeting in all the PC of my network to use that gateway to make
>outgoing call. If it is impossible please tell me "It's impossible!".
>
>Thanks, bye

VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
for a connected world.

Jeremy McNamara

Asterisk can certainly do everything you want to do and more.

Jeremy McNamara

Molz wrote:
> I've visited the web site.
> The software doesn't lokk like what I want (but I can be in wrong).
> I need a sofware that makes from H.323 gateway, for example I want to
> set netmeeting in all the PC of my network to use that gateway to make
> outgoing call. If it is impossible please tell me "It's impossible!".
>
> Thanks, bye

Peter

> Asterisk can certainly do everything you want to do and more.

But it's not a H323 gatekeeper. Right?

Molz

"Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<be25ht$f647$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Asterisk can certainly do everything you want to do and more.

> But it's not a H323 gatekeeper. Right?

No it isn't.
However I'm looking for a gateway. Maybe I'm in wrong but I think that
a gateway is the one who make outgoing and recive incoming call on the
PTSN,instead a gatekeeper manage the network in which it work and make
possible to make a connection with an other pc (or gateway)in the
network.
So a gatekeeper isn't what I'm looking for.
If I'm in wrong please help me.

Bye

Neil Smith

Then try www.openh323.org for windows and Linux H323 gatekeepers.

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 15:00:37 -0600, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> Asterisk can certainly do everything you want to do and more.

>But it's not a H323 gatekeeper. Right?

VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
for a connected world.

Peter

> It can become a gatekeeper with the proper motivation.

You mean like someone writing additional code for chan_h323?

Peter