Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Re: Possible problem with fax over Vonage?

Re: Possible problem with fax over Vonage?

Mike Sussman

I have run into this also. I reset the ATA and all was well again. Dunno
why it does it.
(I have the second port setup for fax...

"T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> My girlfriend tried several times to send a fax to my Vonage fax line
> yesterday.. 6 to be exact. Each time she got a busy signal. I sent 2
> of them without any problem from where I work. She sends alot of faxes
> so she knows how to dial out of her office and all that stuff, I don't
> think that is the issue. I emailed Vonage support on this and they
> sent me some information regarding Port Forwarding on my linksys
> router. I really didn't understand why I should do this because I had
> sent a couple faxes already and it worked fine. I have a couple of
> questions about this:
>
> Could there be an incompatibility between to fax machines here?
>

> What kind of vulnerabilities would there be opening ports on my
> router?
>
> Thanks,

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:51:42 GMT, "Mike Sussman" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have run into this also. I reset the ATA and all was well again. Dunno
>why it does it.
>(I have the second port setup for fax...

hmm.. interesting... how do I reset the ATA? Just power cycle it?

Mike Sussman

Yes