Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Call center using Voip overview..

Call center using Voip overview..

Yaducam

Hi!

I'm new to VoIP world...
I will start an internship were i will have to find a solution to handle a
call center using VoIP
If anybody has some good advices or some previous experience on this
subject...

Thanx..

Yaducam..

RC

I've worked with a number of the IP systems out there (the kind you pay for,
not the open source);
Mitel
Cisco
Nortel
3Com
A few small companies (some are still in business)
Before anyone can offer any advice, you need to provide more information.
Country?
Number of locations (that will actually be part of the Call Center)
Number of other locations, if any?
Existing PBX and LAN/WAN infrastructure?
What kind of feature support in the call center (and PBX)?
Call volume, current and predicted future?
Number of agents?
Budget, helpful but not absolutely necessary, yet.

I thinks that's enough to start.

--
Randall Cohen
Sr. Systems Engineer