Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Asterisk semi-success story: cheap FXO gateway

Asterisk semi-success story: cheap FXO gateway

Peter

For anyone who has asked about _cheap_ FXO gateway, I got Asterisk up and
running with 2 FXO lines for ~20$, using BT Speedway ISDN card bought on
eBay. Of course you have to have ISDN line for this to work, and it is S/T
bus not U. Not sure how it is in US but in Europe NT1 boxes supplied by
telco will have S/T connections.

I'm still faced with multitude of small quirks to solve, like how to provide
ringing indication to SIP caller when the call goes out via ISDN, but
everything in due time...

Peter

Jeremy McNamara

Peter wrote:
> I'm still faced with multitude of small quirks to solve, like how to provide
> ringing indication to SIP caller when the call goes out via ISDN, but
> everything in due time...

Try adding a |r to the end of your exten line.

E.G. exten => 1234,1,Dial,SIP/(E-Mail Removed)||r
E.G. with timeout: exten => 1234,1,Dial,SIP/(E-Mail Removed)|20|r

Jeremy McNamara

Kyler Laird

"Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>For anyone who has asked about _cheap_ FXO gateway, I got Asterisk up and
>running with 2 FXO lines for ~20$, using BT Speedway ISDN card bought on
>eBay.

Great! I appreciate the report. I've been wanting to do the same.

Now if I could just find where to buy some of these things in the USA...

--kyler

Peter

> >For anyone who has asked about _cheap_ FXO gateway, I got Asterisk up and
> >running with 2 FXO lines for ~20$, using BT Speedway ISDN card bought on
> >eBay.

> Great! I appreciate the report. I've been wanting to do the same.
>
> Now if I could just find where to buy some of these things in the USA...

BT Speedway card is sold by UK sellers, and most will ship to US. Check your
ISDN NT1 box first to ensure it has S/T bus connectors... one possible
alternative is US Sportster internal ISDN TA which as U bus.

Peter

Party Girl

"Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bdhcf7$sbq1u$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > >For anyone who has asked about _cheap_ FXO gateway, I got Asterisk up and
> > >running with 2 FXO lines for ~20$, using BT Speedway ISDN card bought on
> > >eBay.

> > Great! I appreciate the report. I've been wanting to do the same.
> >
> > Now if I could just find where to buy some of these things in the USA...

> BT Speedway card is sold by UK sellers, and most will ship to US. Check your
> ISDN NT1 box first to ensure it has S/T bus connectors... one possible
> alternative is US Sportster internal ISDN TA which as U bus.
>
> Peter

The BT Speedway card is a re-badged AVM Fritz! card.
Look here for details and dealers; http://www.avm.de

HTH

-- The PG --

Hardware recommendations for Asterisk/Linux FXO and FXS/SIP gateway? Roger Burton West UK VOIP 1 09-03-2010 08:53 AM
FXO to FXO connection NeoN Cisco 1 12-19-2006 04:39 AM
Asterisk error when adding fxo to zapata.conf Glenn Robinson UK VOIP 0 04-01-2006 12:31 PM
Four Port FXO Board for Asterisk Stuart Friedman VOIP 2 11-21-2003 02:48 AM
Asterisk ** Adtran 750, 5xQuad FXS, 1xQuad FXO, Pentium 500MHz, 10GB hard Drive, 384MB RAM..Will that do? asterisk_effort VOIP 3 10-12-2003 01:04 AM

Advertisments