Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE6 problem

IE6 problem

Fred Bailey

using IE6 sometimes when I click links the browser just terminates and I
wind up back on the desktop. When I use other browsers like Opera or
Netscape I have no trouble. It acts like IE6 is corrupted. What can I do to
restore IE6, or what else do you recommend?

--
Fred Bailey

TTG

Could be something like an unwanted visitor .. try running spybot on your
system :-

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
"Fred Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:z1N6f.18816$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> using IE6 sometimes when I click links the browser just terminates and I
> wind up back on the desktop. When I use other browsers like Opera or
> Netscape I have no trouble. It acts like IE6 is corrupted. What can I do
> to restore IE6, or what else do you recommend?
>
> --
> Fred Bailey
> (E-Mail Removed)

Michael Thompson

Fred Bailey bashed at the keyboard and came up with:

> using IE6 sometimes when I click links the browser just terminates and I
> wind up back on the desktop. When I use other browsers like Opera or
> Netscape I have no trouble. It acts like IE6 is corrupted. What can I do
> to restore IE6, or what else do you recommend?

stop using IE6.

Shepİ

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:23:27 GMT If you fall from a tree,leave your
anger on the branch and then "Fred Bailey"
<(E-Mail Removed)> sent this :

>using IE6 sometimes when I click links the browser just terminates and I
>wind up back on the desktop. When I use other browsers like Opera or
>Netscape I have no trouble. It acts like IE6 is corrupted. What can I do to
>restore IE6, or what else do you recommend?

Some good anti-spyware/trojan software will do this to prevent you
getting invaded.When it happens start manually running your scanners.
HTH :0)

--
Free Windows/PC help,

Jimmy Dean

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:23:27 GMT, "Fred Bailey"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>using IE6 sometimes when I click links the browser just terminates and I
>wind up back on the desktop. When I use other browsers like Opera or
>Netscape I have no trouble. It acts like IE6 is corrupted. What can I do to
>restore IE6, or what else do you recommend?

My IE6 does similar things. Could be a conflict with IE6, a security
update and a bad webpage. I have SpyBot installed which seeks to
"immunise" IE6 against threats - this might also provide a source of
conflict.

IE7 - designed with much better inherent security (so we're told) is
due out sometime this year.

jd