Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE6 information Bar missing

IE6 information Bar missing

Franco

When I click on windows update I get this come up:

Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
control. To install it:
1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located just
below the address bar.
2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.

But I don't have an information bar just below the address bar, or anywhere
else, can anyone help me?

Regards

Franco

--
"Do you like Kipling?"
"I don't know, I've never Kippled"

Toolman Tim

Franco wrote:
> When I click on windows update I get this come up:
>
> Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
> The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
> control. To install it:
> 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located
> just below the address bar.
> 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
> 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
>
> But I don't have an information bar just below the address bar, or
> anywhere else, can anyone help me?
>

> Regards
>

> Franco

Hey Beans, go read the replies to your previous post. This isn't chat or
email.

like an idiot.

Franco

Hey Tool

Did it not occur to your fine mind that I might be having problems posting
to newsgroups and so couldn't tell whether I was getting through or not.

Thanks for your tolerance Man.

Cheers

Franco

news:Lev6f.13739$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Franco wrote:
>> When I click on windows update I get this come up:
>>
>> Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
>> The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
>> control. To install it:
>> 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located
>> just below the address bar.
>> 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
>> 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
>>
>> But I don't have an information bar just below the address bar, or
>> anywhere else, can anyone help me?
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Franco

> Hey Beans, go read the replies to your previous post. This isn't chat or
> email.
>
> --
> There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking
> like an idiot.

Toolman Tim

Your post indicated no reason to assume that you had any issues
posting/accessing newsgroups.

Franco wrote:
> Hey Tool
>
> Did it not occur to your fine mind that I might be having problems
> posting to newsgroups and so couldn't tell whether I was getting
> through or not.
> Thanks for your tolerance Man.
>
> Cheers
>
> Franco

> news:Lev6f.13739$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Franco wrote:
>>> When I click on windows update I get this come up:
>>>
>>> Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
>>> The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
>>> control. To install it:
>>> 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located
>>> just below the address bar.
>>> 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
>>> 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
>>>
>>> But I don't have an information bar just below the address bar, or
>>> anywhere else, can anyone help me?
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>

>>> Franco

>> Hey Beans, go read the replies to your previous post. This isn't
>> chat or email.
>>
>> --
>> There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking
>> like an idiot.

like an idiot.

Barry

Hello Franco, this is just a wild theory but worth a try, and this is much
better than some wise cracks like you may get from some people, while you
are in IE6 click on tools, popup blocker, popup blocker setting, and make
sure it is checked where it says, show information bar, let me know if it
works,,,
"Franco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xcv6f.66094$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> When I click on windows update I get this come up:
>
> Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
> The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
> control. To install it:
> 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located just
> below the address bar.
> 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
> 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
>
> But I don't have an information bar just below the address bar, or
> anywhere else, can anyone help me?
>

> Regards
>

> Franco
>

> --
> "Do you like Kipling?"
> "I don't know, I've never Kippled"

Geoff Pearson

"Barry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:17y6f.14281$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Franco, this is just a wild theory but worth a try, and this is much
> better than some wise cracks like you may get from some people, while you
> are in IE6 click on tools, popup blocker, popup blocker setting, and make
> sure it is checked where it says, show information bar, let me know if it
> works,,,
> "Franco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xcv6f.66094$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>> When I click on windows update I get this come up:
>>
>> Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
>> The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
>> control. To install it:
>> 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located just
>> below the address bar.
>> 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
>> 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
>>
>> But I don't have an information bar just below the address bar, or
>> anywhere else, can anyone help me?
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Franco
>>

>> --
>> "Do you like Kipling?"
>> "I don't know, I've never Kippled"

On mine it says "show information bar when pop-up blocked" (check box) - so
it shows only when that occurs