Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AIM buffer overflow code

AIM buffer overflow code

donboy@gmail.com

I am writing a paper for a computer security class in my master of
science in computer science course. The topic of the paper is IM
vulnerabilities, in particular the buffer overflow caused by the
aim:getfile?screenname=really_long_screenname handler.

Does anyone have the source code for this exploit or know where I can
find a copy of it?

Thanks

why?

On 22 Oct 2005 08:16:42 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I am writing a paper for a computer security class in my master of
>science in computer science course. The topic of the paper is IM

You should know how to find things out then.

>vulnerabilities, in particular the buffer overflow caused by the

Title sounds a bit limited there are more buffer exploits than 1 app.

>aim:getfile?screenname=really_long_screenname handler.
>
>Does anyone have the source code for this exploit or know where I can
>find a copy of it?

Try www.google.com, look for the security vunerability sites your best
bet is pseudo code. Otherwise , in case you haven't thought of this ask
a AV , anti-spyware vendor for help. That could be a good reference to
add.

>Thanks

Me