Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: The Real Netiquette

Re: The Real Netiquette

oj

> they

couldn't
> > > they

> which
> > > can

illegal",

> archiving)

> problems

problems

> > > "OK, Google is a religion. Call me not religious. Well, that's not enough for
> > > me. I need a revenge."

> > Just read the new netiquette, and you will understand that its much better.
> >
> > Ok, I'll shut up and die humanly.

> Crimes Against Humanity. Do you want me to prove it?

The new netiquette here mentions International Crimes Against Humanity, but just
mentions. Its an international crimes against humanity, because people's human
rights are being violated by Groups Beta world wide. People have no choice,
Google decided to do what they do, and usenet is not the same 'excellent'
as its original design and purpose was. Why not? Because now, far primarily by
Google, the entire usenet is commercialized and people cannot ignore the presence
of Google regardless which newsgroup access product they use. Now everything
posted to usenet is archived by Google, organized, and published for the public to
access. Its commercialized. So we can't ignore that anything posted will be
certainly made available to the public. And in 50 percent or so of the cases,
what is posted, will remain forever undeletable. Google receives millions of
message removal requests to their archive. The explanation to the problem lays
in psychology. People care about their privacy and people change their minds.
But unfortunately, what goes into Google's archive, if not 50 percent of the time,
cannot ever be removed. It doesn't really matter in practice that one uses
X-No-Archive. If people reply, forget that feature. And discussions are
that. People post, and others reply, and quotes are made, and everything
becomes quickly entangled inside message trees called threads. One message
is on top of the other, and you can't remove the one from below. So basically
what this means, that if you decide that you want to remove all your posts
under an email address from Google's Groups Beta archive, you have very little
chance to succeed in that idea. So Google does not respect privacy. They don't.
They have two privacy features (X-No-Archive and deleting one's own messages
that help, but these features just help). The problem is that not only that Google
is by far the primary violator of privacy regarding usenet, but that violating
privacy on mass scales is not allowed. I don't know how to explain that. Due to
the size usenet represents... as its one of the core founding features of the Internet,
and due to the International aspects, and due to commercializing something that is
International and Global, really cannot be privatized as a whole. Anyway the
violation of human rights due to the magnitude of Google's intrusion on international
territory is so huge, that Groups Beta is a violator of 'international human crimes'.
Human dignity cannot be intruded on with such a mass privacy violation, commercializing
something that is global and international, and public, its not allowed. Basically Google
violates everything the International Spirit is about, which is about respecting international
territory, and not violating something that is usually considered a crimes against humanity
elsewhere. But you people didn't know that, did you?