Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > SpywareBlaster update overdue?

SpywareBlaster update overdue?

joevan

Nothing here since 10-04-05, how about y'all?

Yddap

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> opined very noisily:
> Nothing here since 10-04-05, how about y'all?

Same here
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Emrys Davies

"Yddap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xj86f.134044$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> opined very noisily:
> > Nothing here since 10-04-05, how about y'all?

> Same here
> --
>
> Yddap
> Remove guts to reply

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies

Yddap

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Emrys Davies <(E-Mail Removed)> opined very noisily:
> "Yddap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xj86f.134044$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> opined very noisily:
>>> Nothing here since 10-04-05, how about y'all?

>> Same here
>> --
>>

> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html
>
> Regards,
> Emrys Davies

Keep Up-to-Date!
The most important key to maintaining a secure computer is keeping your
protection up-to-date.
SpywareBlaster Latest Definitions: 10/4/2005
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Old Gringo

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:56:39 GMT, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk News
Group, Without Any Hesitation joevan Wrote The Following:

> Nothing here since 10-04-05, how about y'all?

Same here. I keep it up to date when available, and it has never
notified me of anything. Thinking of dumping it.
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be

Scraggy

Old Gringo wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:56:39 GMT, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk News
> Group, Without Any Hesitation joevan Wrote The Following:
>
>> Nothing here since 10-04-05, how about y'all?

> Same here. I keep it up to date when available, and it has never
> notified me of anything. Thinking of dumping it.

Of course it won't, it's not designed to work that way. May I suggest a
little research?
members. Groucho Marx

Old Gringo

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:05:47 +0100, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk
News Group, Without Any Hesitation Scraggy Wrote The Following:

> Old Gringo wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:56:39 GMT, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk News
>> Group, Without Any Hesitation joevan Wrote The Following:
>>
>>> Nothing here since 10-04-05, how about y'all?

>> Same here. I keep it up to date when available, and it has never
>> notified me of anything. Thinking of dumping it.

> Of course it won't, it's not designed to work that way. May I suggest a
> little research?

So SpywareBlaster takes the 5th hey? While SpywareBlaster is doing
its secret mission, Why do all of the other applications that I
running always detect unwanted items on my computer left behind by
SpywareBlaster?
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
Freedom For The World 10/22/05 8:28:55 AM
http://www.nuboy-industries.com

Old Gringo

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:05:47 +0100, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk
News Group, Without Any Hesitation Scraggy Wrote The Following:

> Old Gringo wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:56:39 GMT, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk News
>> Group, Without Any Hesitation joevan Wrote The Following:
>>
>>> Nothing here since 10-04-05, how about y'all?

>> Same here. I keep it up to date when available, and it has never
>> notified me of anything. Thinking of dumping it.

> Of course it won't, it's not designed to work that way. May I suggest a
> little research?

On your suggestion, I did the research and this is the best one I
came up with.
"SpywareBlaster is a prevention program, unlike most anti-spyware
programs which utilize a "removal" approach after your system is
already infected. SpywareBlaster effectively prevents ActiveX-based
spyware, dialers, browser-hijackers and other malware or potentially
unwanted programs from ever installing on your system in the first
place.

Many users employ a multi-layered "prevent and remove" strategy by
using the free spyware removal utilities Ad-Aware (www.lavasoft.de),
and Spybot S & D (security.kolla.de) in combination with
SpywareBlaster's protection.

When you install SpywareBlaster, any spyware already present on your
computer remains on your computer, although SpywareBlaster will
disable it if possible. To remove any spyware/malware remnants, we
recommend running Spybot S & D or Ad-Aware. Thereafter, there should
be few (if any) items needing removal each time you run Spybot or
Ad-Aware."
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
Freedom For The World 10/22/05 8:59:57 AM
http://www.nuboy-industries.com

Yddap

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> opined very noisily:
> Nothing here since 10-04-05, how about y'all?

new update now available dated 221005 ( or 102205)
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Scraggy

Old Gringo wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:05:47 +0100, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> News Group, Without Any Hesitation Scraggy Wrote The Following:
>
>> Old Gringo wrote:

>>> Same here. I keep it up to date when available, and it has never
>>> notified me of anything. Thinking of dumping it.

>> Of course it won't, it's not designed to work that way. May I
>> suggest a little research?

> On your suggestion, I did the research and this is the best one I
> came up with.
> "SpywareBlaster is a prevention program, unlike most anti-spyware
> programs which utilize a "removal" approach after your system is
> already infected. SpywareBlaster effectively prevents ActiveX-based
> spyware, dialers, browser-hijackers and other malware or potentially
> unwanted programs from ever installing on your system in the first
> place.
>
> Many users employ a multi-layered "prevent and remove" strategy by
> using the free spyware removal utilities Ad-Aware (www.lavasoft.de),
> and Spybot S & D (security.kolla.de) in combination with
> SpywareBlaster's protection.
>
> When you install SpywareBlaster, any spyware already present on your
> computer remains on your computer, although SpywareBlaster will
> disable it if possible. To remove any spyware/malware remnants, we
> recommend running Spybot S & D or Ad-Aware. Thereafter, there should
> be few (if any) items needing removal each time you run Spybot or
> Ad-Aware."

Sorry for delay in reply, just been on a bike trip to the Mosel valley in
Germany, drinking wine(**** job but someone has to do it)

re SWB.Thats the one, it is a greatly enhance version of the immunization
option in Spybot S&D, it is also recommended by Patrick Kolla within the S&D
prgram

members. Groucho Marx