Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Program to Search for words

Program to Search for words

Benjamin Wabner

Hi

I'm searching for a Program to search in a textdocument for words.
Aspecially MANY words at the same time, their frequency and the program
should mark the words i'm searching for!

I hope you understand what i mean...

I want to type some words and the program shows me the places where this
words are.

Do somebody knows a program that is able to do this???

Benjamin Wabner

Fuzzy Logic

"Benjamin Wabner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:3rq5i5Fl2q9vU1@uni-
berlin.de:

> Hi
>
> I'm searching for a Program to search in a textdocument for words.
> Aspecially MANY words at the same time, their frequency and the program
> should mark the words i'm searching for!
>
> I hope you understand what i mean...
>
> I want to type some words and the program shows me the places where this
> words are.
>

> Do somebody knows a program that is able to do this???
>
> Benjamin Wabner

Look for any of the variants of KWIC (Keyword in Context). Here is one:

http://www.chs.nihon-u.ac.jp/eng_dpt...to/kwic_e.html

Plato

Benjamin Wabner wrote:

> I'm searching for a Program to search in a textdocument for words.
> Aspecially MANY words at the same time, their frequency and the program
> should mark the words i'm searching for!

There are loads of apps that do that. Use google.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Re: Words and non-words, according to Microsoft et al Steve B NZ Computing 11 03-21-2008 11:52 PM
Replace stop words (remove words from a string) BerlinBrown Python 6 01-17-2008 02:37 PM
Words Words utab C++ 6 02-16-2006 07:00 PM
Non-noise words are incorrectly recognised as noise words. Peter Strĝiman ASP .Net 1 08-23-2005 01:26 PM
Re: A little bit of help regarding my linked list program required. - "words.c" - "words.c" Richard Heathfield C Programming 7 10-05-2003 02:38 PM

Advertisments