Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet explorer will not open, generates error box

Internet explorer will not open, generates error box

Tom Tricep

Please help:

My system is windows 2,000 and I have internet explorer with all of
the available updates, whatever they may be.

IE started to get hinky yesterday, would not open links within
websites, such as shopping carts.

Today, it shut down, and will not open, generates an error box.

Where do I start? If I delete the program, will it reload itself from
within my system like a USB driver? I am a novice.

Thanks in advance!

Tom Tricep

Evan Platt

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:13:20 -0700, Tom Tricep <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Please help:
>
>My system is windows 2,000 and I have internet explorer with all of
>the available updates, whatever they may be.
>
>IE started to get hinky yesterday, would not open links within
>websites, such as shopping carts.
>
>Today, it shut down, and will not open, generates an error box.
>
>Where do I start? If I delete the program, will it reload itself from
>within my system like a USB driver? I am a novice.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Tom Tricep

Hmm.. I'm no expert, but the contents of the error box would be a good
start.