Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Travel site feedback?

Travel site feedback?

Peter

Hi all,

I have put together a website with traveltips, photos, and news for the
independent traveller. I would really like some feedback on the site,
what do you like about it, what don't you like. What could be better,
easier, etc? I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look and tell
me what you think. The site is at www.enjoyyourworld.com, you can leave
your response in the group, and / or contact me at peteradds [x]
enjoyyourworld.com

thanks a lot in advance !

Peter

Blinky the Shark

Peter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have put together a website with traveltips, photos, and news for the
> independent traveller. I would really like some feedback on the site,
> what do you like about it, what don't you like. What could be better,
> easier, etc? I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look and tell
> me what you think. The site is at www.enjoyyourworld.com, you can leave
> your response in the group, and / or contact me at peteradds [x]
> enjoyyourworld.com

What shouts out at me: all the instances of "photo's".[1] Plurals don't
require apostrophes. That's a glaring grade-school error in the middle of
otherwise nice looking pages.

[1]All over the content in the left column, and God knows where else all
over the place.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Peter wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi. I just answered this in alt.html.critique. You shouldn't multi-post,
cross-post only if necessary.

-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .net>,
Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Plurals don't
> require apostrophes.

Going all modest and minimal, diplomatic, are we, Blinky? "Don't
require"? They require not to have them mostly.

--
dorayme

Peter

dorayme wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed) .net>,
> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Plurals don't
>> require apostrophes.

> Going all modest and minimal, diplomatic, are we, Blinky? "Don't
> require"? They require not to have them mostly.

sorry I'm from Holland, in my gradeschool it is spelled with an
apostrophe. HTML is fixed, the graphics will get an update soon.

Thanks for the tip!

Peter

Blinky the Shark

Peter wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
>> In article
>> <(E-Mail Removed) .net>,
>> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Plurals don't
>>> require apostrophes.

>> Going all modest and minimal, diplomatic, are we, Blinky? "Don't
>> require"? They require not to have them mostly.
>>

> sorry I'm from Holland, in my gradeschool it is spelled with an
> apostrophe. HTML is fixed, the graphics will get an update soon.

Then it is spelled wrongly, there, for English.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Hywel Jenkins

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have put together a website with traveltips, photos, and news for the
>> independent traveller. I would really like some feedback on the site,
>> what do you like about it, what don't you like. What could be better,
>> easier, etc? I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look and tell
>> me what you think. The site is at www.enjoyyourworld.com, you can leave
>> your response in the group, and / or contact me at peteradds [x]
>> enjoyyourworld.com

> What shouts out at me: all the instances of "photo's".[1] Plurals don't
> require apostrophes.

You could argue that in this instance the apostrophe is correct as
letters have been omitted.

--
Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk/

Hywel Jenkins

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>
>> dorayme wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <(E-Mail Removed) .net>,

>>> Going all modest and minimal, diplomatic, are we, Blinky? "Don't
>>> require"? They require not to have them mostly.
>>>

>> sorry I'm from Holland, in my gradeschool it is spelled with an
>> apostrophe. HTML is fixed, the graphics will get an update soon.

> Then it is spelled wrongly, there, for English.

Then it is spelt wrongly, there, for English.

--
Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk/

PeterMcC

Hywel Jenkins wrote in
<(E-Mail Removed)>

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Peter wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have put together a website with traveltips, photos, and news for
>>> the independent traveller. I would really like some feedback on the
>>> site, what do you like about it, what don't you like. What could be
>>> better, easier, etc? I'd really appreciate it if you could take a
>>> look and tell me what you think. The site is at
>>> www.enjoyyourworld.com, you can leave your response in the group,
>>> and / or contact me at peteradds [x] enjoyyourworld.com

>> What shouts out at me: all the instances of "photo's".[1] Plurals
>> don't require apostrophes.

> You could argue that in this instance the apostrophe is correct as
> letters have been omitted.

If that were to be the case, and I appreciate that this isn't perhaps the
most important issue that's cropped up in recent weeks, one would expect the
singular to be written as photo'.

Like in the good old days when telephone used to be abbreviated to 'phone
and one had a sense of an underlying respect for standards, decency and the
proper way of doing things.

BTW - the OED's happy with spelt and spelled. It's "misspelled" and
"misspelt" that seem to cause confusion - people often want to remove an S.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Blinky the Shark

Hywel Jenkins wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Peter wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have put together a website with traveltips, photos, and news for the
>>> independent traveller. I would really like some feedback on the site,
>>> what do you like about it, what don't you like. What could be better,
>>> easier, etc? I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look and tell
>>> me what you think. The site is at www.enjoyyourworld.com, you can leave
>>> your response in the group, and / or contact me at peteradds [x]
>>> enjoyyourworld.com

>> What shouts out at me: all the instances of "photo's".[1] Plurals don't
>> require apostrophes.

> You could argue that in this instance the apostrophe is correct as
> letters have been omitted.

If one wanted to appear dense, sure.

Travel site critique Peter HTML 3 10-27-2006 04:59 PM
Travel site - travel data availability? VB Programmer ASP .Net 0 11-04-2004 02:50 AM
Newish site, 2600, Digital Travel images, Nikon taken Kenne A Digital Photography 0 08-27-2003 06:46 PM
New travel photography site Odyssey Photography Digital Photography 11 08-24-2003 04:44 PM

Advertisments