Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Looking for Free Firewall Software which allows wireless connection?

Looking for Free Firewall Software which allows wireless connection?

santa

Can you help, i'm looking for Free Firewall software which allows my
sisters wireless g card on a laptop to connect to my broadband.
Everythings set up just the Zonealarm i am using won't allow the laptop
to log on to the internet without being turned off which means my
computer is at risk. Thanks

Tony

"santa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Can you help, i'm looking for Free Firewall software which allows my
> sisters wireless g card on a laptop to connect to my broadband.
> Everythings set up just the Zonealarm i am using won't allow the laptop
> to log on to the internet without being turned off which means my
> computer is at risk. Thanks

In Zone Alarm, click on "Firewall" on the left had side. If you know the IP
address and subnet, click Add>> then subnet. input the IP address of
sisters laptop (will be something like 192.168.0.3) and subnet (will be
something like 255.255.255.0) . If you are using ICS, the laptop will not
always have the same IP address so click on Add>> then IP Range. Use IP
range 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.255.

To check IP/Subnet laptop is using, go to Start>>Accessories and open
command prompt. At the command prompt type ipconfig . This will tell you
what they are. (I am assuming that both operating systems are windows XP)

With any firewall you are likely to have the same problem and have to
authorise the laptop before it can connect to your PC.

santa

Thanks alot mate absolutely great help.

santa

Sorry to keep pesterin, just can't seem to get passed Description in
the Add Subnet window can ya help?

Tony

"santa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Sorry to keep pesterin, just can't seem to get passed Description in
> the Add Subnet window can ya help?

You can type anything in description such as "Home Network".

Just something to remind you of what it is for.

santa

Thanks again