Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Why is it SO SLOW???

Why is it SO SLOW???

RoGue

Usenext is very slow. Ive got a 512 ADSL connection and i only download
at about 5kb/s and max is 12kb/s. Net etc work fast, so its not faulty.
Please help.

RoGue

Old Gringo

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:16:33 +0200, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk
News Group, Without Any Hesitation RoGue Wrote The Following:

> Usenext is very slow. Ive got a 512 ADSL connection and i only download
> at about 5kb/s and max is 12kb/s. Net etc work fast, so its not faulty.
> Please help.
>
> RoGue

Don't know why, but got the same thing here. About 3 days now.
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be

why?

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:16:33 +0200, RoGue wrote:

Try reading these
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

>Usenext is very slow. Ive got a 512 ADSL connection and i only download

Oh no not usenetx again, check the FAQ / Help / Support / Status info.

Don't get your K/k mixed up. Your ADSL 512kbps, your nombers are poor if
they are in k, and horrible if you mean K as a lot of measuring apps
use.

>at about 5kb/s and max is 12kb/s. Net etc work fast, so its not faulty.
>Please help.

This newsgrous isn't usenetx.

Distance to server matters, even if in the same country.

>RoGue

Me

andreas@mihalovits.de

please try the new beta, it comes with decent speed improvements:

http://http.usenext.de/beta/UseNeXTSetup_3.51.zip

and please post here, if it worked for you!

Thanks!

Old Gringo

On 18 Oct 2005 16:02:18 -0700, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk News
Group, Without Any Hesitation http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) Wrote The
Following:

> please try the new beta, it comes with decent speed improvements:
>
> http://http.usenext.de/beta/UseNeXTSetup_3.51.zip
>
> and please post here, if it worked for you!
>
> Thanks!

This is what I get:
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
Freedom For The World 10/18/05 7:40:55 PM
http://www.nuboy-industries.com

andreas@mihalovits.de

sorry, I had a typo - here is the correct link:

http://http.usenext.de/beta/UseNeXTSetup_3.53.zip

this link will definetely work!

Old Gringo

On 19 Oct 2005 01:10:38 -0700, in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk News
Group, Without Any Hesitation (E-Mail Removed) Wrote The
Following:

> sorry, I had a typo - here is the correct link:
>
> http://http.usenext.de/beta/UseNeXTSetup_3.53.zip
>
> this link will definetely work!

File rejected, sorry.
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
Freedom For The World 10/19/05 8:38:37 AM
http://www.nuboy-industries.com

andreas@mihalovits.de

that's strange, it works for me!

please try it again...is there anyone else who has problems downloading
this file?

http://http.usenext.de/beta/UseNeXTSetup_3.53.zip

gordon

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> that's strange, it works for me!
>
> please try it again...is there anyone else who has problems downloading
> this file?
>
> http://http.usenext.de/beta/UseNeXTSetup_3.53.zip

Nope - ok here.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 5.10, Pan, Evolution and Firefox

ellis_jay

RoGue wrote:
> Usenext is very slow. Ive got a 512 ADSL connection and i only
> download at about 5kb/s and max is 12kb/s. Net etc work fast, so its
> not faulty. Please help.
>
> RoGue

My son contacted me on his cell phone this weekend and told me his new
computer has a virus. It is identified as vundo.exe. Apparently his pal's
girlfriend downloaded it while the boys were on the road working. He told
me that his computer is very slow. He told me that in task manager , cpu
usage is erratic-wildly erratic. I told him I could send him some links to
help him fix it, but he said he was just too busy right now to fool with it,
as it takes forever for his computer to do anything. Maybe this weekend he
will have the time-if Wilma doesn't knock him off line down there around
Gator Alley.

Ellis_jay