Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hard Drive Crash :(

Hard Drive Crash :(

Dr. Compynei

I got a blue screen on my other machine, and upon restarting it won't boot.
I get a data read error.

Anyway, I installed the drive onto another machine as a Slave and I get G:
is not accessable, file or directory corrupted or unreadable. I had a quick
go with GetDataBack for NTFS but that didnt recover much. Its got everything
on there, and I promise now to keep backups!

Anyone got a sure-fire way to get all my data back? I don't mind paying, I
just need the lot of it!

Cheers
Neil
XP

Dave Lear

"Dr. Compynei" wrote in message
news:ngW4f.4116$(E-Mail Removed)

> I got a blue screen on my other machine, and upon restarting it
> won't boot. I get a data read error.
>
> Anyway, I installed the drive onto another machine as a Slave
> and I get G: is not accessable, file or directory corrupted or
> unreadable. I had a quick go with GetDataBack for NTFS but
> that didnt recover much. Its got everything on there, and I promise
> now to keep backups!
>
> Anyone got a sure-fire way to get all my data back? I don't mind
> paying, I just need the lot of it!

I've used these guys before...
http://www.vogon-international.com/d...a-recovery.htm
....but you need to be sure that the data you want to recover is worth the
not insubstantial cost they'll ask to do it for you.

GreenieLeBrun

You could try:-

OnTrack Easy Recovery
http://www.ontrack.com/Homepage.aspx...ename=Software

or

PC Inspector File Recovery
http://www.pcinspector.de/

Richard

"Dr. Compynei" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ngW4f.4116$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I got a blue screen on my other machine, and upon restarting it won't

boot.
> I get a data read error.
>
> Anyway, I installed the drive onto another machine as a Slave and I get G:
> is not accessable, file or directory corrupted or unreadable. I had a

quick
> go with GetDataBack for NTFS but that didnt recover much. Its got

everything
> on there, and I promise now to keep backups!
>
> Anyone got a sure-fire way to get all my data back? I don't mind paying, I
> just need the lot of it!
>
> Cheers
> Neil
> XP

program called iRecover, can rebuild almost any drive, the almost being
completely dead.

VikasJ

Hey Dude,

Change the boot sequence in the bios to cd / dvd drive. then reboot
your system with the windows XP bootable cd in the drive. this will
initiate the process of setup . On one of the screens at the bootm you
would find a message press r for recovery and c for something. Press r
you would boot into admin account . Press 1 and hit enter. Punch
FIXBOOT and then press enter. It will ask for confirmation. Press y and
hit enter again this would fix the drive.
Rebot and bingo.

Vikas