Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Need help implementing a proj on SPARTAN3

Need help implementing a proj on SPARTAN3

Riccardo Fregonese

Hello, I'm Ricky, an Italian student in eln eng.
I'm working with a Xilinx Spartan3, I've designed a project that
calculate a 12bit fft. The core reads data (in serial mode) from the
ISSI 1M RAM block, calculates the fft, and then writes the results in
an other zone of the memory.
My problem is to put the initial data into the memory (from my pc) and
read them at the end, to verify if the fft works!
I knew that XESS corp. provides programs for their boards that permit
to easily download and upload data to/from the RAM, but what about
DIGILENT-XILINX boards?
Do you know if there's a program that could help me?

Please, help me, I'm working on a thesis, and I have no more
time!!!....
Heeeeelp!!!

Alan Fitch

Riccardo Fregonese" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello, I'm Ricky, an Italian student in eln eng.
> I'm working with a Xilinx Spartan3, I've designed a project that
> calculate a 12bit fft. The core reads data (in serial mode) from the
> ISSI 1M RAM block, calculates the fft, and then writes the results

in
> an other zone of the memory.
> My problem is to put the initial data into the memory (from my pc)

and
> read them at the end, to verify if the fft works!
> I knew that XESS corp. provides programs for their boards that

permit
> to easily download and upload data to/from the RAM, but what about
> DIGILENT-XILINX boards?
> Do you know if there's a program that could help me?
>
> Please, help me, I'm working on a thesis, and I have no more
> time!!!....
> Heeeeelp!!!

Xilinx have a tool called Data2Mem (I think, it might be Data2Bram)
which allows you to set the contents of block rams by directly
manipulating the .bit file

Alan

--
Alan Fitch
Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
VHDL * Verilog * SystemC * Perl * Tcl/Tk * Verification * Project
Services

Doulos Ltd. Church Hatch, 22 Market Place, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24
1AW, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223 mail:
Fax: +44 (0)1425 471573 Web:
http://www.doulos.com

the
views of Doulos Ltd., unless specifically stated.

Thomas Gebauer

Hi Ricky,
i used the configuration PROM of the Digilent board to store my data as
described in XAPP 694. After startup i copied the content of the serial PROM
into the SRAM.

I can mail you the VHDL source of the statemachine for this copy operation.

Regards

Thomas

LVDS Spartan3 VHDL HollandProjects@gmail.com VHDL 1 04-19-2008 12:48 PM
Warnings DCM Spartan3 u_stadler@yahoo.de VHDL 1 01-03-2006 09:44 AM
Proj too big? Help! Tina ASP .Net 7 06-09-2005 08:58 PM
Configuration Spartan3 1000 bittor VHDL 1 01-03-2005 05:04 PM
conversion of proj from Vb to .NET Amka ASP .Net 8 01-28-2004 01:40 PM

Advertisments