Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > picture quality

picture quality

james christie

hi ive d/l world online tv but the picture quality is terrible
it keeps sticking and stuttering
can you advise on reqirements needed to run program or can i configure pc im
new to online tv viewing
system
1.9gb amd athlon xp
512 mb memory
nvidia geforce mx intregated gpu(display adapter)mutimedia nvidia(r)
nforce(tm)audia
win xp
hard drive 80gb(52gb free) thanks jc

SgtMinor

james christie wrote:
> hi ive d/l world online tv but the picture quality is terrible
> it keeps sticking and stuttering
> can you advise on reqirements needed to run program or can i configure pc im
> new to online tv viewing
> system
> 1.9gb amd athlon xp
> 512 mb memory
> nvidia geforce mx intregated gpu(display adapter)mutimedia nvidia(r)
> nforce(tm)audia
> win xp
> hard drive 80gb(52gb free) thanks jc

Your system should handle it, but do you have broadband?

james christie

hi sgtminor yes i have broadband jc
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

james christie wrote:
> hi sgtminor yes i have broadband jc
> "SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> james christie wrote:
>>> hi ive d/l world online tv but the picture quality is terrible
>>> it keeps sticking and stuttering
>>> can you advise on reqirements needed to run program or can i configure pc
>>> im new to online tv viewing
>>> system
>>> 1.9gb amd athlon xp
>>> 512 mb memory
>>> nvidia geforce mx intregated gpu(display adapter)mutimedia nvidia(r)
>>> nforce(tm)audia
>>> win xp
>>> hard drive 80gb(52gb free) thanks jc

>> Your system should handle it, but do you have broadband?

I just downloaded world online and don't care for it all that much. It
took a long time to access stations and in some cases I never saw video.
What I did see ran without major hiccups but some stations had poor
sound. And it's very annoying to have the WMP and Real player dialog
box popping up every time I switched to another station.

Do you have a lot of programs running in the background?

You might try tv.exe (free version) which has not as many stations but
requires less overhead: http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?21000000038807

Another one that runs well on my system is wwwiTV.com (also free)
available here: http://mediahopper.com/portal.htm

james christie

hi i have about 20 programs running
the reason im using world online is for the football shall try tv.exe jc

Have you seen this?: http://www.watch-football.tv/