Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ask Jeeves Question Please;

Ask Jeeves Question Please;

cb12

When I look up things in Jeeves(And a few other search engines)The question
that I ask remains there where you ask the question.I Now have a whole mess
of questions I asked there from a year ago.How do I delete this left over
old list? I run Windows 98 SE and, Microsoft's Internet Explore 6.0

aleX

cb12 wrote:
> When I look up things in Jeeves(And a few other search engines)The question
> that I ask remains there where you ask the question.I Now have a whole mess
> of questions I asked there from a year ago.How do I delete this left over
> old list? I run Windows 98 SE and, Microsoft's Internet Explore 6.0

start/settings/control panel/internet options/content/autocomplete/
then click the 'clear forms' button

Tick the box to stop the search terms being saved again if you want.

why?

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 13:27:14 GMT, cb12 wrote:

>When I look up things in Jeeves(And a few other search engines)The question
>that I ask remains there where you ask the question.I Now have a whole mess
>of questions I asked there from a year ago.How do I delete this left over
>old list? I run Windows 98 SE and, Microsoft's Internet Explore 6.0

It's a form you are filling in.

http://www.ask.com 1st non-sponsored hit for - ie clear data
several hists for - ie clear form data

or
www.google.com
or
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...n&lr=&ie=UTF-8
or as it's a MS product
or
Tools / Internet Options / Content Personal Information / AutoComplete

Use AutoComplete for - Forms enabled/disabled
and / or
Clear Forms

Me

anthonyberet

cb12 wrote:
> When I look up things in Jeeves(And a few other search engines)The question
> that I ask remains there where you ask the question.I Now have a whole mess
> of questions I asked there from a year ago.How do I delete this left over
> old list? I run Windows 98 SE and, Microsoft's Internet Explore 6.0

Turn off the autocomplete forms function in your browser, then your mum
wont see all those porn-searches.

Ask Jeeves - (keyhole) weird, wacky and wonderful sites Smirnoff Computer Support 2 02-15-2004 10:15 AM
May I ask a question? Leo MCSE 8 01-22-2004 07:29 PM
ask for 070-292 question Steven MCSE 3 09-23-2003 05:06 PM
Re: Jeeves catering Blindsya HTML 7 07-04-2003 03:36 PM
Re: Jeeves catering Blindsya HTML 0 07-04-2003 09:37 AM

Advertisments