Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OpenGL

OpenGL

Napoleon

Hi there,
My graphics card is nVidia GeForce2MX/MX400
(got it in 2001, up to date with forceware version 78.01).
OS Windows XP Pro SP2 NAV2005
My Open GL was showing that it is of Version 1.5
Is it possible to get the new driver for the OpenGL version 2.0?? If so, how
do I get around getting it and install it?
Thanks.
Cheers,
Napoeon

why?

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:29:07 +0200, Napoleon wrote:

>Hi there,
>My graphics card is nVidia GeForce2MX/MX400
>(got it in 2001, up to date with forceware version 78.01).
>OS Windows XP Pro SP2 NAV2005
>My Open GL was showing that it is of Version 1.5
>Is it possible to get the new driver for the OpenGL version 2.0?? If so, how
>do I get around getting it and install it?

www.nvidia.com , ask them?

Release Highlights:
* ForceWare 78.01 adds support for GeForce 6500 only. There are no
additional driver updates in 78.01 since 77.77.
* SLI support for GeForce 6600 and GeForce 6600 LE
* New SLI rendering mode (SLI Antialiasing) for increased
antialiasing performance
* Broader SLI optimizations and validation for the latest games
* Resolved SLI Antialiasing issues with some applications and
generating screen shots. For a full list of other issues resolved,
please view the driver release notes.
* Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.0 support

Is it DirectX issue?

There is support for 2.0 enhancements , see the release notes, it only
lists 5 added , to what's out from the previous releases.

Check with the vendor of the app you are trying to run, see the nVidia
release notes for some issues.

This is just a bit on the old side,

OpenGL 2.0 Update [99%]
An update on the status of OpenGL 2.0 and several key extensions.
Last Updated: May 20, 2004
http://www.nvidia.com/object/opengl_2_0_update.html

Me

Napoleon

OK thanks (Why?)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:29:07 +0200, Napoleon wrote:
>
>>Hi there,
>>My graphics card is nVidia GeForce2MX/MX400
>>(got it in 2001, up to date with forceware version 78.01).
>>OS Windows XP Pro SP2 NAV2005
>>My Open GL was showing that it is of Version 1.5
>>Is it possible to get the new driver for the OpenGL version 2.0?? If so,
>>how
>>do I get around getting it and install it?

> www.nvidia.com , ask them?
>

> Release Highlights:
> * ForceWare 78.01 adds support for GeForce 6500 only. There are no
> additional driver updates in 78.01 since 77.77.
> * SLI support for GeForce 6600 and GeForce 6600 LE
> * New SLI rendering mode (SLI Antialiasing) for increased
> antialiasing performance
> * Broader SLI optimizations and validation for the latest games
> * Resolved SLI Antialiasing issues with some applications and
> generating screen shots. For a full list of other issues resolved,
> please view the driver release notes.
> * Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.0 support
>
> Is it DirectX issue?
>

> There is support for 2.0 enhancements , see the release notes, it only
> lists 5 added , to what's out from the previous releases.
>
> Check with the vendor of the app you are trying to run, see the nVidia
> release notes for some issues.
>

> This is just a bit on the old side,
>
> OpenGL 2.0 Update [99%]
> An update on the status of OpenGL 2.0 and several key extensions.
> Last Updated: May 20, 2004
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/opengl_2_0_update.html
>
> Me

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem Microsoft Certification 5 03-07-2009 09:31 AM
Learning Java Bindings for OpenGL Ch3 available Gene Davis Java 0 07-05-2004 04:53 PM
Java Bindings for OpenGL Gene Davis Java 0 06-26-2004 03:00 PM
openGL and 1.5 nos Java 3 03-05-2004 06:32 PM
OpenGL from JNI on MacOSX Andy Skinner Java 0 01-08-2004 04:08 PM

Advertisments