Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Home page

Home page

uker

How to change my home page?

I've done all this: -

a.. Select "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
b.. Select "Internet Options."
c.. Click the "General" tab.
d.. In the "Home page" area, type www.webpage.com or simular into the
"Address" box.
e.. Click "OK."
But as soon as Press Home, or I close down the web page, it reverts back to
: -http://www.msn.com/ as though a default button is ticked, some where. But
where?

Evan Platt

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:34:37 +0000 (UTC), "uker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How to change my home page?
>
>I've done all this: -
>
> a.. Select "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
> b.. Select "Internet Options."
> c.. Click the "General" tab.
> d.. In the "Home page" area, type www.webpage.com or simular into the
>"Address" box.
> e.. Click "OK."
>But as soon as Press Home, or I close down the web page, it reverts back to
>: -http://www.msn.com/ as though a default button is ticked, some where. But
>where?

So you go back and it's set back at msn.com?

Ran a spyware / anti-virus recently?

~ray

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:34:37 +0000 (UTC), "uker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How to change my home page?
>
>I've done all this: -
>
> a.. Select "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
> b.. Select "Internet Options."
> c.. Click the "General" tab.
> d.. In the "Home page" area, type www.webpage.com or simular into the
>"Address" box.
> e.. Click "OK."
>But as soon as Press Home, or I close down the web page, it reverts back to
>: -http://www.msn.com/ as though a default button is ticked, some where. But
>where?

assuming you are using IE, get your homepage loaded, go into ' options
and select 'use current'

~ray

Blinky the Shark

uker wrote:

> How to change my home page?
>
> I've done all this: -
>
> a.. Select "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
> b.. Select "Internet Options."
> c.. Click the "General" tab.
> d.. In the "Home page" area, type www.webpage.com or simular
> into the
> "Address" box.
> e.. Click "OK."
> But as soon as Press Home, or I close down the web page, it
> reverts back to
>: -http://www.msn.com/ as though a default button is ticked, some
>: where. But where?

Microsoft Knows What's Best For You. Don't change anything.

--
Blinky
Killing all Google Groups posts.

uker

> How to change my home page?
>
> I've done all this: -
>
> a.. Select "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
> b.. Select "Internet Options."
> c.. Click the "General" tab.
> d.. In the "Home page" area, type www.webpage.com or simular into the
> "Address" box.
> e.. Click "OK."
> But as soon as Press Home, or I close down the web page, it reverts back
> to : -http://www.msn.com/ as though a default button is ticked, some
> where. But where

I found out what was wrong. My recently downloaded Panicware Popup stopper
had a tick in a box stopping the change of home page.

http://www.panicware.com/?tag=PSAS

So thank you, to those who did try to help.

Ron Martell

"uker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I found out what was wrong. My recently downloaded Panicware Popup stopper
>had a tick in a box stopping the change of home page.
>
>http://www.panicware.com/?tag=PSAS
>
>So thank you, to those who did try to help.

And it doen't provide you with any information about what it has done?
Sounds like shoddy programming to me.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP