Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help finding for a website I saw but did not bookmark

Reply
Thread Tools

Help finding for a website I saw but did not bookmark

 
 
vbMark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2005
Hello,

I had come across this website where you could request a software program
to be written and they would try to make it happen. It was a free service
and mostly involved small utility programs.

Does anyone know the site that I'm talking about?

Thanks!

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Get freeware
http://www.vbmark.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Plato
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-14-2005
vbMark wrote:
>
> I had come across this website where you could request a software program
> to be written and they would try to make it happen. It was a free service
> and mostly involved small utility programs.
>
> Does anyone know the site that I'm talking about?


Who paid them for their time and effort? If nobody, well....




--
http://www.bootdisk.com/


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
zarathustra
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-14-2005
vbMark <(E-Mail Removed)> drooled:

>Hello,
>
>I had come across this website where you could request a software program
>to be written and they would try to make it happen. It was a free service
>and mostly involved small utility programs.
>
>Does anyone know the site that I'm talking about?
>
>Thanks!


Have you looked in your history yet?

--

Stop Verisign DNS Abuse!:
http://www.whois.sc/verisign-dns/

The Boulder Pledge:
"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as the result of an unsolicited e-mail message. Nor will I forward chain letters, petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large numbers of others. This is my contribution to the survival of the online community."
- as proposed by Roger Ebert
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...boulder+pledge

"It's amazing I won. I was running against
peace, prosperity, and incumbency."
- Dubya Bush, June 14 2001, unaware that live
television cameras were still rolling.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia:
a fear of long words...

Profanisaurus (now):http://tinyurl.com/ajbwm
http://www.limmy.com/playthings/xylophone/
http://www.mediaboy.net/1010100-1100001-1111010/gahk/

'the real TOMMY Tutalidge' wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed): - "The people that post in yenc have a
pickle shoved up their arse."
& '-= Hawk =-' replied in message
news:nkhdcv4c8uga0jonl0jpcgr8mt3g6m49na@news-server: - "And the people
(like you) who whine about yEnc eat those pickles."

"A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs,
a coloratura, maps, snipe, percale, macaroni,
a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag
again (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut,
a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal
- Panama!"- Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2)

zar 2k5 - ULC Minister
AND
Certified Word Police Officer - Details Detail
http://www.drcnet.org/ http://www.timecube.com/
NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!1! on a lits...

Infinity is where things happen that don't
- Anonymous

Der Weg ist das Ziel

sic transit gloria mundi


There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
01 - Those who can count in binary.
10 - Those who can't.

etc.
 
Reply With Quote
 
vbMark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-14-2005
Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:434efdb6$1$246$(E-Mail Removed):

> vbMark wrote:
>>
>> I had come across this website where you could request a software
>> program to be written and they would try to make it happen. It was a
>> free service and mostly involved small utility programs.
>>
>> Does anyone know the site that I'm talking about?

>
> Who paid them for their time and effort? If nobody, well....
>
>


Are you implying that it doesn't really exist?

They do it for the love of programming.


--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Get freeware
http://www.vbmark.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
Reply With Quote
 
vbMark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-14-2005
zarathustra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> vbMark <(E-Mail Removed)> drooled:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I had come across this website where you could request a software
>>program to be written and they would try to make it happen. It was a
>>free service and mostly involved small utility programs.
>>
>>Does anyone know the site that I'm talking about?
>>
>>Thanks!

>
> Have you looked in your history yet?
>


Good idea but I tried that. I have hundreds of links in there. I tried
searching on some words but no luck.

Thanks though.

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Get freeware
http://www.vbmark.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
Reply With Quote
 
zarathustra
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-15-2005
vbMark <(E-Mail Removed)> drooled:

>zarathustra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> vbMark <(E-Mail Removed)> drooled:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I had come across this website where you could request a software
>>>program to be written and they would try to make it happen. It was a
>>>free service and mostly involved small utility programs.
>>>
>>>Does anyone know the site that I'm talking about?
>>>
>>>Thanks!

>>
>> Have you looked in your history yet?
>>

>
>Good idea but I tried that. I have hundreds of links in there. I tried
>searching on some words but no luck.
>
>Thanks though.


Someone in one of the forums listed ought to be able to help you, or
at least point you in the right direction:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...+%2Bby+request

PS You'd do well to ignore the dolt calling itself 'plato'.

--

Stop Verisign DNS Abuse!:
http://www.whois.sc/verisign-dns/

The Boulder Pledge:
"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as the result of an unsolicited e-mail message. Nor will I forward chain letters, petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large numbers of others. This is my contribution to the survival of the online community."
- as proposed by Roger Ebert
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...boulder+pledge

"It's amazing I won. I was running against
peace, prosperity, and incumbency."
- Dubya Bush, June 14 2001, unaware that live
television cameras were still rolling.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia:
a fear of long words...

Profanisaurus (now):http://tinyurl.com/ajbwm
http://www.limmy.com/playthings/xylophone/
http://www.mediaboy.net/1010100-1100001-1111010/gahk/

'the real TOMMY Tutalidge' wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed): - "The people that post in yenc have a
pickle shoved up their arse."
& '-= Hawk =-' replied in message
news:nkhdcv4c8uga0jonl0jpcgr8mt3g6m49na@news-server: - "And the people
(like you) who whine about yEnc eat those pickles."

"A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs,
a coloratura, maps, snipe, percale, macaroni,
a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag
again (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut,
a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal
- Panama!"- Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2)

zar 2k5 - ULC Minister
AND
Certified Word Police Officer - Details Detail
http://www.drcnet.org/ http://www.timecube.com/
NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!1! on a lits...

Infinity is where things happen that don't
- Anonymous

Der Weg ist das Ziel

sic transit gloria mundi

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
01 - Those who can count in binary.
10 - Those who can't.

etc.
 
Reply With Quote
 
vbMark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2005
zarathustra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> vbMark <(E-Mail Removed)> drooled:
>
>>zarathustra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) m:
>>
>>> vbMark <(E-Mail Removed)> drooled:
>>>
>>>>Hello,
>>>>
>>>>I had come across this website where you could request a software
>>>>program to be written and they would try to make it happen. It was
>>>>a free service and mostly involved small utility programs.
>>>>
>>>>Does anyone know the site that I'm talking about?
>>>>
>>>>Thanks!
>>>
>>> Have you looked in your history yet?
>>>

>>
>>Good idea but I tried that. I have hundreds of links in there. I
>>tried searching on some words but no luck.
>>
>>Thanks though.

>
> Someone in one of the forums listed ought to be able to help you, or
> at least point you in the right direction:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ty+forum+codin
> g+programming+%2Bby+request
>
> PS You'd do well to ignore the dolt calling itself 'plato'.
>


Someone in another group found it for me. It was:
http://www.donationcoder.com/

Thanks!

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Get freeware
http://www.vbmark.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adding Bookmark in the website nikita kumar ASP .Net 1 10-30-2009 09:49 AM
one day i saw all mails of my gmail were deleted without my action! what can i do? help me! KARTAL Computer Support 6 06-18-2007 05:27 AM
javascript bookmark doesn't work in IE/Win (but does IE/Mac, Moz) Jeffrey Friedl Javascript 0 01-18-2004 09:48 PM
cisco t1 isdn call to DID or DID no ring tone optimus Cisco 1 12-31-2003 04:35 PM
I saw what you did turnmeinsideoutandeatme14 Python 0 12-07-2003 08:50 AM



Advertisments