Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mailwasher Only Half-Loads in Win XP

Mailwasher Only Half-Loads in Win XP

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

A system at work, running Win XP SP-2, uses Mailwasher 4.1 ... I think
there's a 7.6 after all that ... not sure. Anyhow ... as soon as the user
clicks on the Mailwasher icon the programs "seems" to load, yet never opens
a window nor appears with an icon in the tray icon area. However ... when
you check the Task Manager's running processes ... mailwasher.exe is there
with a CPU number of 50 or 48, depending on when I view it. I've contacted
the company that runs Mailwasher but they say "This seems to be an issue
with Windows XP that you need to take up with Microsoft."

HUH? It's their program ... it doesn't load properly ... and they pass the
buck to Microshaft?! So I'm hoping someone has heard of this before and
knows what to do. So far my only recourse has been to use System Restore
and put the PC back to a day or two earlier when it was running. But I
can't keep doing this forever and, as I said, Mailwasher is no help. I have
thought of a complete uninstall and re-install of the program ... but not
tried it.

The PCs stats are: Windows XP SP-2, 256 x 3 RAM, P4 2.8Ghz.

Thanks!!

--
Kyle )

$1-million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
reply. Money gets faster attention

Duane Arnold

"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> A system at work, running Win XP SP-2, uses Mailwasher 4.1 ... I think
> there's a 7.6 after all that ... not sure. Anyhow ... as soon as the
> user clicks on the Mailwasher icon the programs "seems" to load, yet
> never opens a window nor appears with an icon in the tray icon area.
> However ... when you check the Task Manager's running processes ...
> mailwasher.exe is there with a CPU number of 50 or 48, depending on
> when I view it. I've contacted the company that runs Mailwasher but
> they say "This seems to be an issue with Windows XP that you need to
> take up with Microsoft."
>
> HUH? It's their program ... it doesn't load properly ... and they
> pass the buck to Microshaft?! So I'm hoping someone has heard of this
> before and knows what to do. So far my only recourse has been to use
> System Restore and put the PC back to a day or two earlier when it was
> running. But I can't keep doing this forever and, as I said,
> Mailwasher is no help. I have thought of a complete uninstall and
> re-install of the program ... but not tried it.
>
> The PCs stats are: Windows XP SP-2, 256 x 3 RAM, P4 2.8Ghz.
>
> Thanks!!

What kind of company is this that would even use MW in the work place?

Duane

Silvabod

Mailwasher pro 4.1 works just fine in standalone systems, in both XPHome and
XPPro.
Unclear as to whether you are running it on "standalone" or via a server -
if the latter, you need to check the forum/FAQ's (click the "about" tab in
Mailwasher for the link)

If "standalone", perhaps it wasn't installed properly - all progs incl
firewall and anti-virus temporarily disabled - or it's not configured to
access the internet through the firewall - just a couple of thoughts, having
successfully installed/re-installed it thrice, thanks to crashes and later,
a new pc.

Unlikely to be an XP problem - too many happy Mailwasher users, few problems
reported!

"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A system at work, running Win XP SP-2, uses Mailwasher 4.1 ... I think
>there's a 7.6 after all that ... not sure. Anyhow ... as soon as the user
>clicks on the Mailwasher icon the programs "seems" to load, yet never opens
>a window nor appears with an icon in the tray icon area. However ... when
>you check the Task Manager's running processes ... mailwasher.exe is there
>with a CPU number of 50 or 48, depending on when I view it. I've contacted
>the company that runs Mailwasher but they say "This seems to be an issue
>with Windows XP that you need to take up with Microsoft."
>
> HUH? It's their program ... it doesn't load properly ... and they pass
> the buck to Microshaft?! So I'm hoping someone has heard of this before
> and knows what to do. So far my only recourse has been to use System
> Restore and put the PC back to a day or two earlier when it was running.
> But I can't keep doing this forever and, as I said, Mailwasher is no help.
> I have thought of a complete uninstall and re-install of the program ...
> but not tried it.
>
> The PCs stats are: Windows XP SP-2, 256 x 3 RAM, P4 2.8Ghz.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> --
> Kyle )
>
> Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
> $1-million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
> obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't expect
> a reply. Money gets faster attention

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

In news:nU63f.6509$(E-Mail Removed), Silvabod
<(E-Mail Removed)> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
fingers to keyboard for this:

> Mailwasher pro 4.1 works just fine in standalone systems, in both
> XPHome and XPPro.
> Unclear as to whether you are running it on "standalone" or via a
> server - if the latter, you need to check the forum/FAQ's (click the
> "about" tab in Mailwasher for the link)
>
> If "standalone", perhaps it wasn't installed properly - all progs incl
> firewall and anti-virus temporarily disabled - or it's not configured
> to access the internet through the firewall - just a couple of
> thoughts, having successfully installed/re-installed it thrice,
> thanks to crashes and later, a new pc.
>
> Unlikely to be an XP problem - too many happy Mailwasher users, few
> problems reported!

It's a stand-alone program on this particular PC that handles all the
incoming e-mail for the company (small company - only 3 people have e-mail).
I'm going to try un-installing and re-installing tomorrow now that I've
dealt with the other issues with this PC and another at work. But you're
right ... I've always had good results with it and when I started here I
suggested they use it as a way to prevent spam, viruses, etc. It's worked
well ... until this past week.

Just don't get where Mailwasher's parent company would be saying it's a
Windows XP issue either. Very odd.

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

In news:Xns96ECDA7184CEDnotmenotmecom@207.217.125.201 , Duane Arnold
<(E-Mail Removed)> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
fingers to keyboard for this:

> What kind of company is this that would even use MW in the work place?
>
> Duane

Well maybe it is a small company ... ever stop to think of that? No ...
guess not. Thanks for the assistance ... not!

Duane Arnold

"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> In news:Xns96ECDA7184CEDnotmenotmecom@207.217.125.201 , Duane Arnold
> <(E-Mail Removed)> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
> writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it
> away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans
> exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for this:
>>
>> What kind of company is this that would even use MW in the work
>> place?
>>
>> Duane

> Well maybe it is a small company ... ever stop to think of that? No
> ... guess not. Thanks for the assistance ... not!

Out of Ohio, you know where to stick it and no I would not be using
Mailwasher in a business situation under any circumstances and I use the
damn product on my personal machines at home.

You take your comment and stick right up your ass.

Duane

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

In news:Xns96EDE73D9BCFCnotmenotmecom@207.217.125.201 , Duane Arnold
<(E-Mail Removed)> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
fingers to keyboard for this:

> Out of Ohio, you know where to stick it and no I would not be using
> Mailwasher in a business situation under any circumstances and I use
> the damn product on my personal machines at home.
>
> You take your comment and stick right up your ass.
>
> Duane

You'd probably enjoy something getting stuck right up yours ... hence the
comments. Lame ****.

Duane ArnoldWhat

> You'd probably enjoy something getting stuck right up yours ... hence
> the comments. Lame ****.

What you can do K-Snake-****-Girl you POS is ask your mama about how I stuck
up her ass. She'll tell you how much she enjoyed it. Have you talked to your
K-Daddy lately about those problems between you and him that you have had
over the years -- (those dreams) that lead to your ****ed-up BS out here on
the Internet you cannot control? Hey, ask those K-Rug-Rats of yours about K-
Granny they will tell you about that *HO*. You cannot protect the K-Rug-Rats
like you think you can do. Hey, maybe if they hang around K-Granddaddy, they
will get schooled just like you did and become scum too.

<g>

Duane Arnold

<Let's have a conversation here K-Snake-****-Girl you POS about your POS
family.>

<We'll focus in a little bit on your little K-Rug-Rats.>

<How are those little POS(s) doing these days?>

<How many little POS(s) do you have slithering around the the snake pit?>

<The audience (your adoring fans) want to know.>

<VBG>

Duane Arnold

> <How many little POS(s) do you have slithering around the snake pit?>

(I wanted to make that correction I know how you like to hang on every
little thing K-Rigthous.)

<VBG>