Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Restoring Outlook Express Settings

Restoring Outlook Express Settings

KatonahJoe

I have had a problem when downloading newsgroup messages. I get an error
message that Outlook Express has encountered a problem with the msimn.exe
file and is closing. I then run the program again and usually it runs
properly. This has been happening for a couple of days.

This time I when OE ran, I seemed to have reverted to earlier settings with
inbox folders I was currently using to store email messages gone and folders
I have not used in 2 years in their place. Similarly, there are newsgroups
missing from my accounts and others from 2 years ago now there. I still get
that same error message about the msimn.exe file when I download newsgroup
messages.

Version 6 is now running and I believe that is the version I had been using
currently. I have IE 6.0 on a Windows XP Home Edition computer.

Should I run DBXtract or should I download Version 6 of Outlook Express to
restore the settings that were in place this morning?