Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > name that tune

name that tune

Amun

"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> mikecampbell wrote:
> > "anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming.

Used
> >>a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
> >>
> >>It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
> >>(that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or

so
> >>above this).

> > Rolf harris's Styophone advert?
> >

> no - *xylophone*
>
> Alright, does anyone know any xylophone music at all? - It will probably
> be it, unless Patrick Moore is involved.

Peter Appleyard is fairly big in the UK & Canada,....more to jazz "vibes"
fans though.
But most of his stuff goes,...Plonk. plonk-plonk.
plonk-plonk-plonk-plonkity-plink-plonk.....
That's why I didn't post earlier

AMUN

nemesis

"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bri. wrote:
> > In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> > anthonyberet typed...
> >

> >>It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming.
> >>Used a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
> >>
> >>It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
> >>(that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave
> >>or so above this).

snip
How about an arrangement for xylophone of the beginning of Mozart's Eine
kleine nachtmusik? By the way, I had thought of pointing out the mistake in
the spelling styophone but on second thoughts I think that it is more
appropriate than stylophone.
Johnnie

Don M.

"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don M. wrote:
> > "anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >>Alright, does anyone know any xylophone music at all?

> > "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" by Steam and "Sunday Morning" by Velvet Underground,

for
> > starters...
> >

> oops - no Sunday Morning has a glockenspiel - I am thinkng of a proper
> wooden xylophone - come on!...Plonk! Plonk-Plonk.
> Plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk. (plonkety).

========

And exactly what type of wood would you want served with that?
Not saying these are the plonks you're looking for, but an answer to your question "does
anyone know any xylophone music at all?". Also check Red Norvo's pre-1943 recordings for
more xylophone music.

Don

Hammerer

"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
> (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave
> or so above this).

Just had a flash (no; not that kind).

Though your "plonks" seem to be out of synch, I wonder if you're referring
to a little tune called 'Gassenhauer', by the composer Carl Orff, from his
'Musica Poetica (Celestial Harmonies) Volume 1'?

Gets done to death, that does, on the telly and stuff. Nice, though.

SS

I think you are a bit of a plonker!!

"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming.
> Used a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
>
> It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
> (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or
> so above this).

Trax

anthonyberet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Clark wrote:
|>> "anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

|>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1970/toys1.shtml
|>>

|>Not a Stylophone, or a glockenspiel, a *xylophone* JFC!
|>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylophone
|>(incidentally, I will be trying everything listed in that wikipedia article)

So you like xylophone's, check out Pipe Dream - AniMusic Drum Jam
http://www.wildflowerdesire.com/link...x.php?show=new
(very bottom of page) 34 megs and the xylophone comes in at the
middle.

SteveTBM®

"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming. Used
> a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
>
> It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
> (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or so
> above this).

Dead Already/ Thomas Newman?

Gregor Turgij

"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming.
> Used a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
>
> It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
> (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or
> so above this).

Oh yeah sure, it's called "Unknown Artist - Track 4.mp3"

^_^

*SCNR*

G. Turgij

P.S.: I know only about one popular xylo-jingle, though I never heard it
in ads but in the news sometimes. It has a brass-sound at the end I think.

JonC

"Gregor Turgij" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:434983ce$0$26199$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...

> "anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming.
>> Used a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
>>
>> It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
>> (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or
>> so above this).

> Oh yeah sure, it's called "Unknown Artist - Track 4.mp3"

You are a Plonk....plonk...plonker Rodney.

> ^_^
>

> *SCNR*
>
> G. Turgij
>
> P.S.: I know only about one popular xylo-jingle, though I never heard it
> in ads but in the news sometimes. It has a brass-sound at the end I think.

clot

JonC wrote:
> "Gregor Turgij" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:434983ce$0$26199$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...
>>
>> "anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming.
>>> Used a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
>>>
>>> It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
>>> (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an
>>> octave or so above this).

>> Oh yeah sure, it's called "Unknown Artist - Track 4.mp3"

> You are a Plonk....plonk...plonker Rodney.
>>

>> ^_^
>>

>> *SCNR*
>>
>> G. Turgij
>>
>> P.S.: I know only about one popular xylo-jingle, though I never
>> heard it in ads but in the news sometimes. It has a brass-sound at
>> the end I think.

I'm foot tapping to The Shadows at this moment!

name that tune =?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?= ASP .Net 3 01-30-2007 08:40 PM
NAME THAT TUNE ???? BIG NIGE Computer Support 16 06-09-2005 07:33 PM
name that tune Dave_G Computer Support 1 05-02-2005 02:26 PM
Name that tune? Kenny Computer Support 10 08-21-2004 11:54 PM
Name that tune! (just for fun) anthonyberet Computer Support 16 05-17-2004 03:49 PM

Advertisments