Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Packard Bell Master Restore

Packard Bell Master Restore

susan oates

I have a Packard Bell iMedia PC and wish to fully format it to as it left
the factory with just the O/S and the few programmes it comes with on it. I
have looked in Help and Support but cannot seem to find anything with
regards to this.
There was a disc called ActivDoc with the Pc but that doesnt help either.
There was also A grey floppy disk but somehow i dont think that belongs to
this pc. I have tried posting on the packard bell group but have had no
response to this mail.

Any Ideas?

TIA
Mike

Peptide One

susan oates wrote the following on 10/8/2005 5:35 AM:
> I have a Packard Bell iMedia PC and wish to fully format it to as it left
> the factory with just the O/S and the few programmes it comes with on it. I
> have looked in Help and Support but cannot seem to find anything with
> regards to this.
> There was a disc called ActivDoc with the Pc but that doesnt help either.
> There was also A grey floppy disk but somehow i dont think that belongs to
> this pc. I have tried posting on the packard bell group but have had no
> response to this mail.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> TIA
> Mike

Hello Mike,

You could contact Packard Bell support and ask for a Restore Disk.
http://support.packardbell.com/uk/contactus/
Your warranty should cover costs, otherwise it is 1.75 Euro/minute.

If your warranty is expired, or they don't provide a Restore Disk, you
can download all necessary drivers, copy them to CD or DVD, and rebuild
from scratch:
http://support.packardbell.com/uk/my...roup=2000#show

If you are not sure which drivers or BIOS sets you need, you can
download and run Everest's Home Edition:
http://www.lavalys.com/products/down...?pid=1&lang=en

or Belarc Advisor

These applications will survey your system and provide a report
containing drivers and BIOS information.

HTH

--
Beauty is only epithelial cells deep.

MIchael Dodsworth

<snip> Thanks for the advice, will try and contact PB.

Mike

MIchael Dodsworth

I just looked on the PB website and downloaded bootdisk16.exe. if i burn
this to disk and then boot it, will this install to factory settings...and
reinstall the O.S? any helpers
TIA
Mike

"MIchael Dodsworth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6tR1f.746$(E-Mail Removed)...
> <snip> Thanks for the advice, will try and contact PB.
>
> Mike

Misty

"susan oates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:82P1f.18873$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Packard Bell iMedia PC and wish to fully format it to as it left
> the factory with just the O/S and the few programmes it comes with on it.
> have looked in Help and Support but cannot seem to find anything with
> regards to this.
> There was a disc called ActivDoc with the Pc but that doesnt help either.
> There was also A grey floppy disk but somehow i dont think that belongs to
> this pc. I have tried posting on the packard bell group but have had no
> response to this mail.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> TIA
> Mike

The ActivDoc cd is the one you need to install if you want to set your pc up
as per 'factory defaults', and you need to use the floppy to reboot. Just
put the cd rome into the cd-rom drive and insert the floppy disk, then
reboot the machine. That should do the trick
Misty.

MIchael Dodsworth

<snip>
Cheers Misty will give it a try tomorrow

Mike

benwillsy benwillsy is offline
Junior Member

Hi Guys,
Have been google'in for some help regarding a packard bell restore and have found this thread, but need more help than this. I have a packard Bell pc that is about 5 or 6 years old and is in good working order. I used the red restore floppy disk that came with my pc to restore it a couple of years back and it worked a treat.

However, we want to restore my girlfriend's pc, but for some reason, when i put the disk in and turn the pc on, it still loads windows? Normally, when you enter this disk, it doesn't go past the bios screen, and asks if you are sure if you want to restore. When we tried this yesterday evening, it didn't even give us this option. Her pc is only 1 or two years old, but because her family bought a display machine from their retailer, they didn't get hardly any of the pack they should have and didn't get a restore disk. Is there a chance my restore disk isn't regonised as it is too old? I managed to get into the bios screen and load the floppy drive up, giving me a blank "dos" like screen, but everytime i pressed "enter", the floppy drive attempted to load, and then the light went out. The drive is fully functional as we have used it to load details from a floppy before, but the disk is not automatically "kicking in" upon star up.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for all your help if you can!!

benwillsy benwillsy is offline
Junior Member