Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help! How do I play these?

Help! How do I play these?

Allred J. Proctor, IV

What software(s) can I get to play MP3s which are still in the
newsgroups? How long do the songs stay there before they are
replaced? Where can I buy them to keep if I like them? WMP can't
find them at all. Free players would be good for me. Google
shows some, but none will play the songs in the newsgroups.
D'oh! What good is that? Please e-mail one good player to me.
Just do the obvious to my address. TIA.

--
Stuff I like to see:

www.wildphotoguy.com

dadiOH

Allred J. Proctor, IV wrote:
> What software(s) can I get to play MP3s which are still in the
> newsgroups? How long do the songs stay there before they are
> replaced? Where can I buy them to keep if I like them? WMP can't
> find them at all. Free players would be good for me. Google
> shows some, but none will play the songs in the newsgroups.
> D'oh! What good is that?

D'oh you have to download them before you can play them. Once you do,
any MP3 player will play them.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Dan Evans

"Allred J. Proctor, IV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> What software(s) can I get to play MP3s which are still in the
> newsgroups?

None

> How long do the songs stay there before they are
> replaced?

Depends on the particular news server you're using

> Where can I buy them to keep if I like them?

Music shops

> WMP can't
> find them at all.

Not if they aren't on a local drive, or a shared resource.

> Free players would be good for me.

Free with every copy of Windows

> Google
> shows some, but none will play the songs in the newsgroups.
> D'oh!

Took the word right out of my mouth

> What good is that?

I can't drive new cars that are in the show room either, that *really*
sucks.

> Please e-mail one good player to me.

I'd rather not,

> Just do the obvious to my address. TIA.

What's that? Nothing?

HTH

Dan

Whiskers

On 2005-10-07, Allred J. Proctor, IV <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What software(s) can I get to play MP3s which are still in the
> newsgroups?

Download them and 'decode' them, using a suitable binary newsreader program.
Presumably you have a real newsreader already, or you wouldn't have found the
binary newsgroups; it may well be able to 'decode' the files it can
download. (You could also use it to access this newsgroup, and many
others, far more conveniently than using the Google Groups web interface).

> How long do the songs stay there before they are replaced?

Depends on the particular server. Hours or days.

> Where can I buy them to keep if I like them?

You can't buy anything via a newsgroup. There are many web sites offering
'legal' music downloads that you can pay for in various ways. Some have
music which the artists actually /want/ you to have "free" )

> WMP can't find them at all.

I'm guessing that "WMP" means "Microsoft Windows Media Player"; that may
well be abe to play "MP3" files - but it isn't a newsreader!

> Free players would be good for me. Google
> shows some, but none will play the songs in the newsgroups.
> D'oh! What good is that?

Media players play "media". They don't do anything with newsgroups. Some
of them can connect to some web-sites, though.

> Please e-mail one good player to me.
> Just do the obvious to my address. TIA.

Answers to questions in a newsgroup are best put in the newsgroup so that
everyone can comment or benefit )

--
-- Whiskers

What games do you play? stlava Gaming 38 05-16-2013 05:50 PM
To play or not to play bhuckle@bigpond.net.au DVD Video 1 08-01-2007 07:18 AM
PLAY MORE VIDEO GAMES WITH GOTTA PLAY Paul Heslop Digital Photography 0 05-21-2007 11:40 AM
V.L. System M-Play 202 Indicator & Remote Controller Vid Silverstrand Front Page News 1 08-27-2005 04:54 AM

Advertisments