Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > freeze

freeze

james christie

hi can you help when i leave my pc on at night i cant get programs to work
next morning (pc has frozen) i have to close down program i was using via
the task manager and end up losing files o/s win xp thanks jc

old jon

"james christie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:di5am7$6gp$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> hi can you help when i leave my pc on at night i cant get programs to work
> next morning (pc has frozen) i have to close down program i was using via
> the task manager and end up losing files o/s win xp thanks jc

Time for a look at your Event Viewer James. Any errors shown might help to
resolve your problem.
bw..OJ

james christie

hi john how do i get into event viewer jc
"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NFq1f.657$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "james christie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:di5am7$6gp$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>> hi can you help when i leave my pc on at night i cant get programs to
>> work next morning (pc has frozen) i have to close down program i was
>> using via the task manager and end up losing files o/s win xp thanks jc
>>

> Time for a look at your Event Viewer James. Any errors shown might help to
> resolve your problem.
> bw..OJ

Unk

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 16:36:29 +0000 (UTC), "james christie" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>hi john how do i get into event viewer jc
>"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:NFq1f.657$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "james christie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:di5am7$6gp$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>>> hi can you help when i leave my pc on at night i cant get programs to
>>> work next morning (pc has frozen) i have to close down program i was
>>> using via the task manager and end up losing files o/s win xp thanks jc
>>>

>> Time for a look at your Event Viewer James. Any errors shown might help to
>> resolve your problem.
>> bw..OJ

Right click on "My Computer" and select Manage.
Expand the Event Viewer category and look through each of the three
sub-categories for the red flagged error records. Double click on an
error record to see the details.