Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HP Laser Printer

HP Laser Printer

Tommy

I have a 1200 series laser printer which is connected to a 2000 windows.
This was at one time win 98 and got upgraded to win 2000. This is a dell
optiplex 260 and we use it as a work station and we connect it to a
workstation and it is being shared by 4 other computers. Now everthing was
ok when I open an appoitment program I have. It works fine in all the other
computers. All of a sudden I notice 2 problems when I use the computer that
is directly connected to this 1200 HP laser. The print looks funny and also
at times it shows extra 00 in the time. for example 12:00:00 pm 1:00:00 pm
..The last two 0 always stays 00 it does not change to numbers like 01 and
etc. .
Can anyone tell me what courseed this problwm?? I know it is not the
appointment program because it is fine everyone else. Why did the print and
the letters change. Can it be the drive?? Can it be the 2000 program?? can
it be corruption in the computer. Is there an adjustment in the properties
on the hp 12000 printer drive?? Is it the fonts in control panal and how do
I fix this. Thanks again in advance to all>

Toolman Tim

Tommy wrote:
> I have a 1200 series laser printer which is connected to a 2000
> windows. This was at one time win 98 and got upgraded to win 2000.
> This is a dell optiplex 260 and we use it as a work station and we
> connect it to a workstation and it is being shared by 4 other
> computers. Now everthing was ok when I open an appoitment program I
> have. It works fine in all the other computers. All of a sudden I
> notice 2 problems when I use the computer that is directly connected
> to this 1200 HP laser. The print looks funny and also at times it
> shows extra 00 in the time. for example 12:00:00 pm 1:00:00 pm .The
> last two 0 always stays 00 it does not change to numbers like 01 and
> etc. . Can anyone tell me what courseed this problwm?? I know it is not
> the
> appointment program because it is fine everyone else. Why did the
> print and the letters change. Can it be the drive?? Can it be the
> 2000 program?? can it be corruption in the computer. Is there an
> adjustment in the properties on the hp 12000 printer drive?? Is it
> the fonts in control panal and how do I fix this. Thanks again in
> advance to all>

Did you try uninstalling the printer driver and reinstalling it? That sounds
like a corrupted driver.