Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DOWNLOADING FROM WINMX

DOWNLOADING FROM WINMX

Trish

Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain extent.
Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however having problems
with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice Deejay...Better off
alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single one in the list. It
appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for network reply, then goes
red and wont download, even though there are several available, Example 5 of
6 or 8 of 8 available. This has happened on several tracks she has tried to
download. Am I right to assume that it is because the person she is trying
to download from, is not online. Though it does seem strange that every
single one of them is not online at this time. Any help please. Thanks in
advance.

PackRat2112

"Trish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:di1kjb$957$(E-Mail Removed):

> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain
> extent. Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however
> having problems with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice
> Deejay...Better off alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single
> one in the list. It appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for
> network reply, then goes red and wont download, even though there are
> several available, Example 5 of 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has
> happened on several tracks she has tried to download. Am I right to
> assume that it is because the person she is trying to download from,
> is not online. Though it does seem strange that every single one of
> them is not online at this time. Any help please. Thanks in advance.

usually this happens when the person you're trying to upload from is either
off-line, or is only allowing "X" amoumt of upload at a time. that's when
you are que'd up and have to wait your turn.

not really into p2p but hoping this helps.

Trish

"PackRat2112" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns96E6A04C83A82EuropaJupiternet@208.49.80.18 8...
> "Trish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:di1kjb$957$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain
>> extent. Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however
>> having problems with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice
>> Deejay...Better off alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single
>> one in the list. It appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for
>> network reply, then goes red and wont download, even though there are
>> several available, Example 5 of 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has
>> happened on several tracks she has tried to download. Am I right to
>> assume that it is because the person she is trying to download from,
>> is not online. Though it does seem strange that every single one of
>> them is not online at this time. Any help please. Thanks in advance.
>>

> usually this happens when the person you're trying to upload from is
> either
> off-line, or is only allowing "X" amoumt of upload at a time. that's when
> you are que'd up and have to wait your turn.
>
> not really into p2p but hoping this helps.

Yes that's what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure. Just wondered if there
was a problem that I didn't know about or if I was doing something wrong. I
don't really use it much myself, but my daughter does. Thanks for your help.

PackRat2112

"Trish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:di1ldi$ku4$(E-Mail Removed):

> "PackRat2112" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns96E6A04C83A82EuropaJupiternet@208.49.80.18 8...
>> "Trish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:di1kjb$957$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain
>>> extent. Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however
>>> having problems with some too. For instance, my daughter wants
>>> 'Alice Deejay...Better off alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried
>>> every single one in the list. It appears in the transfer list in
>>> yellow waiting for network reply, then goes red and wont download,
>>> even though there are several available, Example 5 of 6 or 8 of 8
>>> available. This has happened on several tracks she has tried to
>>> download. Am I right to assume that it is because the person she is
>>> trying to download from, is not online. Though it does seem strange
>>> that every single one of them is not online at this time. Any help
>>> please. Thanks in advance.
>>>

>> usually this happens when the person you're trying to upload from is
>> either
>> off-line, or is only allowing "X" amoumt of upload at a time. that's
>> when you are que'd up and have to wait your turn.
>>
>> not really into p2p but hoping this helps.

> Yes that's what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure. Just wondered if
> there was a problem that I didn't know about or if I was doing
> something wrong. I don't really use it much myself, but my daughter
> does. Thanks for your help.

ko

The Shed

"Trish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:di1kjb$957$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain
> extent. Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however
> having problems with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice
> Deejay...Better off alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single
> one in the list. It appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for
> network reply, then goes red and wont download, even though there are
> several available, Example 5 of 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has
> happened on several tracks she has tried to download. Am I right to
> assume that it is because the person she is trying to download from,
> is not online. Though it does seem strange that every single one of
> them is not online at this time. Any help please. Thanks in advance.

Ditch the mx thing.

do a search for things called torrents and the software required to get
them.

a clue ---you want a BIT of this LORD

fred-bloggs

"Trish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:di1kjb$957$(E-Mail Removed):

> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain
> extent. Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however
> having problems with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice
> Deejay...Better off alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single
> one in the list. It appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for
> network reply, then goes red and wont download, even though there are
> several available, Example 5 of 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has
> happened on several tracks she has tried to download. Am I right to
> assume that it is because the person she is trying to download from,
> is not online. Though it does seem strange that every single one of
> them is not online at this time. Any help please. Thanks in advance.

Would knowing the correct filelength help?
http://bitzi.com/search/?keywords=Al...ay+alone+radio

There is a newsgroup for WinMX - alt.music.mp3.winmx - if you need more
help.

--
fred

Trish

"fred-bloggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4344f72a$0$80644$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
> "Trish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:di1kjb$957$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain
>> extent. Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however
>> having problems with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice
>> Deejay...Better off alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single
>> one in the list. It appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for
>> network reply, then goes red and wont download, even though there are
>> several available, Example 5 of 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has
>> happened on several tracks she has tried to download. Am I right to
>> assume that it is because the person she is trying to download from,
>> is not online. Though it does seem strange that every single one of
>> them is not online at this time. Any help please. Thanks in advance.
>>

> Would knowing the correct filelength help?
> http://bitzi.com/search/?keywords=Al...ay+alone+radio

Not really, but thanks anyway. Will just have to pursiveer and keep trying.

> There is a newsgroup for WinMX - alt.music.mp3.winmx - if you need more
> help.
>
> --
> fred

TNKEV

Trish wrote:
> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain

extent.
> Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however having

problems
> with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice

Deejay...Better off
> alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single one in the list.

It
> appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for network reply,

then goes
> red and wont download, even though there are several available,

Example 5 of
> 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has happened on several tracks she has

tried to
> download. Am I right to assume that it is because the person she is

trying
> to download from, is not online. Though it does seem strange that

every
> single one of them is not online at this time. Any help please.

Thanks in
> advance.

Hey Trish,
I don't know how much you read at the MX group but it seems that the
RIAA has populated the servers with fake files and user names,when you
select a trck to DL pick a user that is actively DLing,find one that
says 1 of 2 slots available or 2 of 3 slots available,in other words
thay are actively uploading to somebody and it is more likely to be a
real person.

The Shed

"TNKEV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:434541f6$0$44888$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
> Trish wrote:
>> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain

> extent.
>> Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however having

> problems
>> with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice

> Deejay...Better off
>> alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single one in the list.

> It
>> appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for network reply,

> then goes
>> red and wont download, even though there are several available,

> Example 5 of
>> 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has happened on several tracks she has

> tried to
>> download. Am I right to assume that it is because the person she is

> trying
>> to download from, is not online. Though it does seem strange that

> every
>> single one of them is not online at this time. Any help please.

> Thanks in
>> advance.

> Hey Trish,
> I don't know how much you read at the MX group but it seems that the
> RIAA has populated the servers with fake files and user names,when you
> select a trck to DL pick a user that is actively DLing,find one that
> says 1 of 2 slots available or 2 of 3 slots available,in other words
> thay are actively uploading to somebody and it is more likely to be a
> real person.

jeez folks---dump the mx stuff------
bitlord and torrents is the way to go you dont see 130KB/s (not kb/s)
from mx do you?

TNKEV

The Shed wrote:
> "TNKEV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:434541f6$0$44888$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
>> Trish wrote:
>>> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a

certain extent.
>>> Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however having

problems
>>> with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice

Deejay...Better off
>>> alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single one in the list.

It
>>> appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for network reply,

then goes
>>> red and wont download, even though there are several available,

Example 5 of
>>> 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has happened on several tracks she has

tried to
>>> download. Am I right to assume that it is because the person she

is trying
>>> to download from, is not online. Though it does seem strange that

every
>>> single one of them is not online at this time. Any help please.

Thanks in
>>> advance.

>> Hey Trish,
>> I don't know how much you read at the MX group but it seems that

the
>> RIAA has populated the servers with fake files and user names,when

you
>> select a trck to DL pick a user that is actively DLing,find one

that
>> says 1 of 2 slots available or 2 of 3 slots available,in other

words
>> thay are actively uploading to somebody and it is more likely to be

>> real person.
>>

> jeez folks---dump the mx stuff------
> bitlord and torrents is the way to go you dont see 130KB/s (not

kb/s)
> from mx do you?

I haven't made the first attempt to make mine work again,I listen to
Grateful Dead 90% of the time and I DL that from etree.com,any Dead I
find with MX is missnamed or cut.

NBAR & WINMX Matt Cisco 2 05-13-2004 02:51 PM
Try WinMx Cheswick Computer Support 6 01-24-2004 11:38 PM
Shutdown in the middle of a WinMX download Sue Computer Support 3 11-13-2003 12:39 AM
WinMX downloading prob baglady Computer Support 1 09-03-2003 08:57 AM
WinMX go slow slumpy Computer Support 4 07-20-2003 12:25 AM

Advertisments