Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Writing Data to a DVD

Writing Data to a DVD

rfdjr1@optonline.net

My understanding was that you could write data files to a DVD just like to a CD
but only more of them. Am I wrong? I justt ried to back up some data to a DVD,
and was prompted that the data could not be written to the type of disk I had
inserted. I was using Nero Ultra to do a data transfer and yes, I'm using a DVD
burner. If it matters, I'm using Windows XP Pro. Should I be able to do this?
Thanks much.

Evan Platt

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:39:16 -0400, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>My understanding was that you could write data files to a DVD just like to a CD
>but only more of them. Am I wrong?

That's correct.

>I justt ried to back up some data to a DVD,
>and was prompted that the data could not be written to the type of disk I had
>inserted. I was using Nero Ultra to do a data transfer and yes, I'm using a DVD
>burner. If it matters, I'm using Windows XP Pro. Should I be able to do this?
>Thanks much.

What was the EXACT wording of the error? What type of media did you
try and create in Nero?

The Shed

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My understanding was that you could write data files to a DVD just
> like to a CD
> but only more of them. Am I wrong? I justt ried to back up some data
> to a DVD,
> and was prompted that the data could not be written to the type of
> disk I had
> inserted. I was using Nero Ultra to do a data transfer and yes, I'm
> using a DVD
> burner. If it matters, I'm using Windows XP Pro. Should I be able to
> do this?
> Thanks much.

ensure you have the burner type set to dvd not cdrw in the drop down
list at the start of nero---it will not auto select the disc type.

rfdjr1@optonline.net

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:13:37 GMT, "The Shed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> My understanding was that you could write data files to a DVD just
>> like to a CD
>> but only more of them. Am I wrong? I justt ried to back up some data
>> to a DVD,
>> and was prompted that the data could not be written to the type of
>> disk I had
>> inserted. I was using Nero Ultra to do a data transfer and yes, I'm
>> using a DVD
>> burner. If it matters, I'm using Windows XP Pro. Should I be able to
>> do this?
>> Thanks much.
>>

>ensure you have the burner type set to dvd not cdrw in the drop down
>list at the start of nero---it will not auto select the disc type.

Thanks. I figured it was something like that but I just cannot find the option
anywhere. I must be blinder than I thought. Could you point me in the right
direction? Thanks again.