Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Google Earth error message

Google Earth error message

Jim Scott

When I tried to install the latest update to GE I get an error message
which tells me to do various things like shutting programs and emptying
cache. None of these make any difference the error message is 6001. If I
now try to uninstall GE, I get the same message.
In desperation I deleted the GE folder and cleaned what I could find from
the registry with RegSeeker, but I still get the error message when I
re-try an install.
Can anyone see a way?
--
Jim
Tyneside UK

Shawn

"Jim Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I tried to install the latest update to GE I get an error message
> which tells me to do various things like shutting programs and emptying
> cache. None of these make any difference the error message is 6001. If I
> now try to uninstall GE, I get the same message.
> In desperation I deleted the GE folder and cleaned what I could find from
> the registry with RegSeeker, but I still get the error message when I
> re-try an install.
> Can anyone see a way?
> --
> Jim
> Tyneside UK

try a system restore to just before you tried to update, then uninstall GE
and reinstall it, the new install should be the updated one

why?

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:33:00 GMT, Shawn wrote:

>"Jim Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> When I tried to install the latest update to GE I get an error message
>> which tells me to do various things like shutting programs and emptying
>> cache. None of these make any difference the error message is 6001. If I
>> now try to uninstall GE, I get the same message.
>> In desperation I deleted the GE folder and cleaned what I could find from
>> the registry with RegSeeker, but I still get the error message when I
>> re-try an install.
>> Can anyone see a way?
>> --
>> Jim
>> Tyneside UK

>try a system restore to just before you tried to update, then uninstall GE
>and reinstall it, the new install should be the updated one

Check the last thread, may save repeating something already suggested to
the OP for the same request.

<http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/browse_frm/thread/df09c01fc183a5c5/b454f6bc793b9eda?q=(E-Mail Removed)+google+ earth&rnum=1&hl=en#b454f6bc793b9eda>

Me

Jim Scott

> On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:33:00 GMT, Shawn wrote:
>

>>"Jim Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> When I tried to install the latest update to GE I get an error message
>>> which tells me to do various things like shutting programs and emptying
>>> cache. None of these make any difference the error message is 6001. If I
>>> now try to uninstall GE, I get the same message.
>>> In desperation I deleted the GE folder and cleaned what I could find from
>>> the registry with RegSeeker, but I still get the error message when I
>>> re-try an install.
>>> Can anyone see a way?
>>> --
>>> Jim
>>> Tyneside UK

>>try a system restore to just before you tried to update, then uninstall GE
>>and reinstall it, the new install should be the updated one

Trouble is I cannot find when I tried to install the new version and in the
meanwhile I have wiped all traces from my registry, I get the same error
when I try to uninstall as when I try to re-install and nobody in the
Google Earth Forum has answered me or another person with the same problem
(
--
Jim
Tyneside UK