Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Very dissatisfied Chatter!!

Very dissatisfied Chatter!!

MzThang

Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a virtual
chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.

while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
computer banned for 2 months.

I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them the
situation, they replied back saying:
"Hi Habbo,

We are always warning our users not to allow other people on their Habbo
accounts.

As your account is your responsibility, you should take more care over it.
I'm sorry but you will not be unbanned at this time."

But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out my
passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own account, not
mine.

Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am unhappy
with their response, is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
could contact or something?

Please Help!!!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

MzThang wrote:
> Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a virtual
> chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.
>
> while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
> computer banned for 2 months.
>
> I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them the
> situation, they replied back saying:
> "Hi Habbo,
>
> We are always warning our users not to allow other people on their Habbo
> accounts.
>
> As your account is your responsibility, you should take more care over it.
> I'm sorry but you will not be unbanned at this time."
>
> But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out my
> passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own account, not
> mine.
>
> Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am unhappy
> with their response, is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
> could contact or something?
>
> Please Help!!!

Contact John Howard at http://www.pm.gov.au/email.cfm

Toolman Tim

MzThang wrote:
> Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a
> virtual chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.
>
> while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
> computer banned for 2 months.
>
> I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them
> the situation, they replied back saying:

And just WTF do you expect to achieve by whining in an international
newsgroup?

Besides, you *are* responsible for what is done with your computer by a
minor. You should have been right there supervising. So get over it. Do the
crime, do the time. Basic laws of nature.

Mara

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:46:45 +1300, "MzThang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip>
>But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out my
>passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own account, not
>mine.

But he went there from *your* machine.

>Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am unhappy
>with their response, is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
>could contact or something?

No. No one is obligated to accept any sort of traffic from anyone else online,
whether it be e-mail, newsgroups, or chat rooms, and anything else. You'll just
have to wait it out, or find some other place to chat.

"Their hardware, their site, their rules."

>Please Help!!!

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

John Morrison

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 19:52:02 -0400, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>MzThang wrote:
>> Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a virtual
>> chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.
>>
>> while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
>> computer banned for 2 months.
>>
>> I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them the
>> situation, they replied back saying:

<snip>

>> As your account is your responsibility, you should take more care over it.
>> I'm sorry but you will not be unbanned at this time."
>>
>> But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out my
>> passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own account, not
>> mine.
>>
>> Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am unhappy
>> with their response, is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
>> could contact or something?
>>
>> Please Help!!!

>Contact John Howard at http://www.pm.gov.au/email.cfm

That's probably a good tip. Little Johnny Howard has huge influence in
many areas. He was able to stop New Zealand from manufacturing and
bottling their own Vegemite thus forcing New Zealand to buy their
Vegemite from Australian. So cracking his whip on a chat site would be
a simple task for our Little Johnny.
--

John

Evan Platt

wrote:

>Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a virtual
>chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.

I smell troll.

Was it your niece or nephew?

From: "MzThang" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Subject: How can I unban my IP Address from a website?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:57:06 +1200

I have gone and let my niece on my computer and she went to a virtual
chat
room, which I like to use, since she has her own Username at that
site, I
didn't think there could be any harm done

But unfortunately she fell for a scam and got my IP address Banned for
2months.

Help I want to know if I can unban it.

Thanks if your any help

The One

"MzThang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GvE0f.16033$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a

virtual
> chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.
>
> while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
> computer banned for 2 months.
>
> I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them the
> situation, they replied back saying:
> "Hi Habbo,
>
> We are always warning our users not to allow other people on their Habbo
> accounts.
>
> As your account is your responsibility, you should take more care over it.
> I'm sorry but you will not be unbanned at this time."
>
> But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out my
> passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own account, not
> mine.
>
> Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am unhappy
> with their response, is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
> could contact or something?
>
> Please Help!!!

You shouldn't have let someone else onto it using your account.

programmer

MzThang wrote:
> Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a
> virtual chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.
>
> while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
> computer banned for 2 months.
>
> I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them
> the situation, they replied back saying:
> "Hi Habbo,
>
> We are always warning our users not to allow other people on their
> Habbo accounts.
>
> As your account is your responsibility, you should take more care
> over it. I'm sorry but you will not be unbanned at this time."
>
> But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out
> my passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own
> account, not mine.
>
> Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am
> unhappy with their response, is there like any Internet Authority
> about Chatting I could contact or something?
>
> Please Help!!!

Its not the only chat room in the www for christs sake. What sort of
chatroom is that ? If it is filthy chat then email me your yahoo id and we
can get down to business.

Baked

wrote:

>is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
>could contact or something?

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

anthonyberet

MzThang wrote:
> Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a virtual
> chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.
>
> while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
> computer banned for 2 months.
>
> I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them the
> situation, they replied back saying:
> "Hi Habbo,
>
> We are always warning our users not to allow other people on their Habbo
> accounts.
>
> As your account is your responsibility, you should take more care over it.
> I'm sorry but you will not be unbanned at this time."
>
> But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out my
> passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own account, not
> mine.
>
> Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am unhappy
> with their response, is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
> could contact or something?
>
> Please Help!!!

Try clearing out all your cookies, and logging in on your own account.