Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB 1.1 or 2

USB 1.1 or 2

Alasdair Baxter

Please, how can I tell if my USB ports are USB 1.1 or 2. I am running a
Pentium 3 on Win98SE.

--
Alasdair.

The Shed

"Alasdair Baxter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please, how can I tell if my USB ports are USB 1.1 or 2. I am
> running a
> Pentium 3 on Win98SE.
>
> --
> Alasdair.

With the basic spec of your machine--you probably have 1.1
This should not present a problem as version 2 is backwards compatable
to 1.0 -- you just wont get the transfer speed that 2.0 offers.

John Wunderlich

"Alasdair Baxter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Please, how can I tell if my USB ports are USB 1.1 or 2. I am
> running a Pentium 3 on Win98SE.

Use the Device Manager to look at your USB configuration. USB 2.0
controllers usually identify themselves as such in the description
field of the device manager.

HTH,
John

Toolman Tim

John Wunderlich wrote:
> "Alasdair Baxter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Please, how can I tell if my USB ports are USB 1.1 or 2. I am
>> running a Pentium 3 on Win98SE.
>>

> Use the Device Manager to look at your USB configuration. USB 2.0
> controllers usually identify themselves as such in the description
> field of the device manager.
>
> HTH,
> John

To be a little more specific, the description should include the word
"enhanced"n for 2.0 devices.