Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Media Player cannot play

Windows Media Player cannot play

santa

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the associated
playlist is not valid." Does anyone know how to fix this error problem
so as to downstream from the internet??

Dave Lear

"santa" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com

> "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the
> associated playlist is not valid." Does anyone know how
> to fix this error problem so as to downstream from the internet??

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Win...t+is+not+valid

First link returned is...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...yererrors.aspx

If you're not using WMP9 then tell us what version you are using, what
version of Windows it's running on, give example URLs for the music file(s)
you can't play, etc.

santa

Windows XP. Its gettin it to play radio stations.
Cheers.

Dave Lear

"santa" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com

> Windows XP. Its gettin it to play radio stations.

Did you miss this bit of my post...

>> If you're not using WMP9 then tell us what version you are using,
>> what version of Windows it's running on, give example URLs for
>> the music file(s) you can't play, etc.

WinXP has WMP8.0
WinXPSP1 has WMP8.1
WinXPSP2 has WMP9
WMP10 is available.
Which one are you using? With WMP open choose Help, About and it'll show
you.

Which radio station / stations? Give example URLs for other people to try.
That helps establish whether the fault's with your config or with the radio
station.

santa

www.thewordismusic.com
I'am using WMP10.

Dave Lear

"santa" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com

> www.thewordismusic.com
> I'am using WMP10.

I'm using WMP10 on WinXP Pro and tried the broadband listening option. Gave
a warning about using web pages with active content, allowed that
temporarily and it played successfully. Have you perhaps made IE6's internet
zone higher security than default, i.e. is all active content disallowed?
Anyway, the advice on the homepage is...

Problems listening?
Let us know about it.
CONTACT US

The link takes you to
http://www.thewordismusic.com/contact.php

Mark1 Mark1 is offline
Junior Member

I am running vista business and renamed the urege directory to urge1 and solved the problem.

In vista the path to the urge directory is as follows----
C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\MTV Networks\Urge

I then deleted the urege1 directory without a problem.