Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help for eradicating a W32.Mytob.U@mm Virus infection

Help for eradicating a W32.Mytob.U@mm Virus infection

Arawak

Symantec AV 2005 keeps popping up a box which displays the following
information but even after I startup the program and delete each
occurance shown in the Quarantine window, it still popsup.
I downloaded a file from Symantec's site which is supposed to clean
this specific virus but after a full scan, that program claimed not to
have found the virus.

"Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Threat Found!
Threat: W32.Mytob.U@mm
File: [travelhosts] GOOD DAY>>Unknown0...>>document...>>document.exe
Location: Mail System
Computer: LIVING-ROOM
User: MAC
Action taken: Quarantine succeeded
Date found: Monday, October 03, 2005 8:26:49 AM"

Thanks for any help and/oe suggestion
Arawak

why?

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 08:37:06 -0700, Arawak wrote:

>Symantec AV 2005 keeps popping up a box which displays the following
>information but even after I startup the program and delete each
>occurance shown in the Quarantine window, it still popsup.
>I downloaded a file from Symantec's site which is supposed to clean

That will be the removal tool from
http://(E-Mail Removed)
Below (the removel tool link) there is a set of manual reomve
instructions, you did follow those?

Above the removal tool is a list of files affected / registry changes /
hosts file edits. Have you confirmed any or all of those changes have
happened?

You also applied the correct version for your OS of the 2 very old MS
patches MS03-026 and MS04-011, the 03 and 04 are the year of release,
2003 and 2004.

>this specific virus but after a full scan, that program claimed not to
>have found the virus.
>
>"Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
>Event: Threat Found!
>Threat: W32.Mytob.U@mm

<snip>

Me

Need help eradicating a linux distro format on a hard drive. Noversion of windows can even find this drive... Double-Aces Computer Information 2 02-28-2011 05:27 PM
Re: Virus or Malware infection .... any idea what? smackedass A+ Certification 1 01-28-2007 05:52 PM
Infection (virus) soup Computer Support 1 05-10-2006 05:41 AM
Virus Infection. Ant Computer Support 3 05-04-2004 06:48 PM
Returned mail: Possible Virus Infection Mail Delivery System Python 0 08-22-2003 12:49 PM

Advertisments