Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hosting Recommendations, please

Hosting Recommendations, please

Ozzy

Hi All,

I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable, accessible-by-phone hosting
service, with good e-mail, hopefully in the $10-20/mo. price range. Having
had it with namesecure, I figure this NG is a good place to ask for
recommendations.

(I wonder, is there any analog to "thelist.com" for ISPs? That would be
super.)

Anyway, any recommendations, positive or negative, will be most appreciated.
Thanks.

Ozzy

Captain America

"Ozzy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns96E46044E7995TheLoneAndLevelSands@216.196. 97.142...
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable, accessible-by-phone
> hosting
> service, with good e-mail, hopefully in the $10-20/mo. price range.
> Having
> had it with namesecure, I figure this NG is a good place to ask for
> recommendations.
>
> (I wonder, is there any analog to "thelist.com" for ISPs? That would be
> super.)
>
> Anyway, any recommendations, positive or negative, will be most
> appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> Ozzy

http://www.hosting.aplus.net

Ben

"Ozzy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns96E46044E7995TheLoneAndLevelSands@216.196. 97.142...
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable, accessible-by-phone
> hosting
> service, with good e-mail, hopefully in the $10-20/mo. price range.
> Having
> had it with namesecure, I figure this NG is a good place to ask for
> recommendations.

I use www.host235.com for my sites. The tech support so far has been great!
)

Ben

Mitch

In article <Xns96E46044E7995TheLoneAndLevelSands@216.196.97.1 42>, Ozzy
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable, accessible-by-phone hosting
> service, with good e-mail, hopefully in the $10-20/mo. price range. Having
> had it with namesecure, I figure this NG is a good place to ask for
> recommendations.
>
> (I wonder, is there any analog to "thelist.com" for ISPs? That would be
> super.)

There are lots.
Found many with Clusty right off...

Big point of these comparisons, though -- none seem to list more than a
few dozen companies, which means all are partners with the comparison
company, for listings. So check more than one comparison site.

http://www.hostvoice.net/

http://www.iceishot.com/hosting.htm

Blinky the Shark

Ozzy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable, accessible-by-phone
> hosting service, with good e-mail, hopefully in the $10-20/mo. price
> range. Having had it with namesecure, I figure this NG is a good
> place to ask for recommendations.

Seems like alt.www.webmaster would be even better, eh?

That said, I've been happy with http://page-zone.com, but you probably
won't have to spend that much with them. Since you mention no numbers
(space, bandwidth, Win? Linux?, PHP? ASP? perl?, number of domains,
etc.[1]), that's all I can tell you.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Clued Weasel