Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > swaping disks with acronis trueimage?

swaping disks with acronis trueimage?

j_slobo@hotmail.com

Anyone..
I want to exchange the contents of 2 disks -one is fat32(win9 the
other is NT with 2 partitions
I put the NT disk in a win98 PC and to begin with I was thinking of
making an image of the win32 disk
at the non-system partition of the NT disk but
trueimage under win 98 cannot see NT disk as a destination in 'my
computer'
within the 'create image' wizzard (although it can be selected as a
source)!
'Adding a new disk' is not helping either and in 'Disk Clone' I cannot
clone the fat disk
(to 2nd NT partition)without emptying the NT disk first(but then I lose
its data)!
Thus I see no way to swap two disk without using some third disk as a
temp storage but then from where am I going to be booting from in the
process-the rescue floppies?
If you have some advice please let me know-the best thing I can think
of is if trueimage could enable me to clone fat32 contents to
non-system
NT partition, then clone NT system partition to the mentioned fat32
disk
and in the end just make the cloned fat32 partition(residing on NT
disk) bootable somehow ..
Thanks

old jon

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Anyone..
> I want to exchange the contents of 2 disks -one is fat32(win9 the
> other is NT with 2 partitions
> I put the NT disk in a win98 PC and to begin with I was thinking of
> making an image of the win32 disk
> at the non-system partition of the NT disk but
> trueimage under win 98 cannot see NT disk as a destination in 'my
> computer'
> within the 'create image' wizzard (although it can be selected as a
> source)!
> 'Adding a new disk' is not helping either and in 'Disk Clone' I cannot
> clone the fat disk
> (to 2nd NT partition)without emptying the NT disk first(but then I lose
> its data)!
> Thus I see no way to swap two disk without using some third disk as a
> temp storage but then from where am I going to be booting from in the
> process-the rescue floppies?
> If you have some advice please let me know-the best thing I can think
> of is if trueimage could enable me to clone fat32 contents to
> non-system
> NT partition, then clone NT system partition to the mentioned fat32
> disk
> and in the end just make the cloned fat32 partition(residing on NT
> disk) bootable somehow ..
> Thanks

If you`ve got enough room on the win98 disk.
1. Move the NT partition files to it.
2. Reformat NT partition to fat32.
3. Do what you want to do. They can `see` each other now.
bw..OJ

j_slobo@hotmail.com

Thanks for the answer , however there is room for fat32 disk at 2nd NT
partition but not vice versa,since fat32 disk is much smaller!

old jon wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Anyone..
> > I want to exchange the contents of 2 disks -one is fat32(win9 the
> > other is NT with 2 partitions
> > I put the NT disk in a win98 PC and to begin with I was thinking of
> > making an image of the win32 disk
> > at the non-system partition of the NT disk but
> > trueimage under win 98 cannot see NT disk as a destination in 'my
> > computer'
> > within the 'create image' wizzard (although it can be selected as a
> > source)!
> > 'Adding a new disk' is not helping either and in 'Disk Clone' I cannot
> > clone the fat disk
> > (to 2nd NT partition)without emptying the NT disk first(but then I lose
> > its data)!
> > Thus I see no way to swap two disk without using some third disk as a
> > temp storage but then from where am I going to be booting from in the
> > process-the rescue floppies?
> > If you have some advice please let me know-the best thing I can think
> > of is if trueimage could enable me to clone fat32 contents to
> > non-system
> > NT partition, then clone NT system partition to the mentioned fat32
> > disk
> > and in the end just make the cloned fat32 partition(residing on NT
> > disk) bootable somehow ..
> > Thanks
> >

> If you`ve got enough room on the win98 disk.
> 1. Move the NT partition files to it.
> 2. Reformat NT partition to fat32.
> 3. Do what you want to do. They can `see` each other now.
> bw..OJ

MJP

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Anyone..
> I want to exchange the contents of 2 disks -one is fat32(win9 the
> other is NT with 2 partitions
> I put the NT disk in a win98 PC and to begin with I was thinking of
> making an image of the win32 disk
> at the non-system partition of the NT disk but
> trueimage under win 98 cannot see NT disk as a destination in 'my
> computer'
> within the 'create image' wizzard (although it can be selected as a
> source)!
> 'Adding a new disk' is not helping either and in 'Disk Clone' I cannot
> clone the fat disk
> (to 2nd NT partition)without emptying the NT disk first(but then I lose
> its data)!
> Thus I see no way to swap two disk without using some third disk as a
> temp storage but then from where am I going to be booting from in the
> process-the rescue floppies?
> If you have some advice please let me know-the best thing I can think
> of is if trueimage could enable me to clone fat32 contents to
> non-system
> NT partition, then clone NT system partition to the mentioned fat32
> disk
> and in the end just make the cloned fat32 partition(residing on NT
> disk) bootable somehow ..
> Thanks

Use your bootable rescue media (floppies) the program will see all discs.
You can create images from the rescue floppies if you created a full set.

MJP