Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wildcard + Opera =Bitch

Wildcard + Opera =Bitch

Alt-Ctrl-Del

I need someone to help me out with the wildcards that I need to use in
Opera's adblock. I downloaded the filter.ini file with all the normal
addresses listed, about 500 or so it looks like and the freaking banners
still get through here and there.
So if it is not too much trouble I am asking someone to copy the best
wildcards out of their Opera filter.ini file and post them here so I can
copy them and put them in mine.

In Firefox, it is easy to use their wildcard system and I have the usual
ones like: */ad/*, */ads/*, */banners/*, and http://z1.adserver.com and
about 10 or 15 more and Firefox blocks virtually everything with just this
small # of wildcards.

Or if you don't want to do that, just give me the correct format for the
Opera wildcards and I will take the ones I have in Firefox and reformat
them to work in Opera. Surely you don't have to have 500 or 600 listings
in Opera's filter.ini file to stop all the files.

Thanks,
Alt

Trax

"Alt-Ctrl-Del" <AltCtrlDel@.> wrote:

|>I need someone to help me out with the wildcards that I need to use in
|>Opera's adblock. I downloaded the filter.ini file with all the normal
|>addresses listed, about 500 or so it looks like and the freaking banners
|>still get through here and there.
|>So if it is not too much trouble I am asking someone to copy the best
|>wildcards out of their Opera filter.ini file and post them here so I can
|>copy them and put them in mine.
|>
|>In Firefox, it is easy to use their wildcard system and I have the usual
|>ones like: */ad/*, */ads/*, */banners/*, and http://z1.adserver.com and
|>about 10 or 15 more and Firefox blocks virtually everything with just this
|>small # of wildcards.
|>
|>Or if you don't want to do that, just give me the correct format for the
|>Opera wildcards and I will take the ones I have in Firefox and reformat
|>them to work in Opera. Surely you don't have to have 500 or 600 listings
|>in Opera's filter.ini file to stop all the files.

Try a different route, and use a hosts file
http://www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html
http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/
What is a hosts file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

I use Opera, ads are block'd and I don't have a filter.ini.

--
Flight to Hyperion
http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedi...cfm?videoID=97

Wildcard String Comparisons: Set Pattern to a Wildcard Source chaoticcranium@gmail.com Python 7 10-05-2010 09:26 PM
Comparisons of IE, Opera and Firefox on DOM (Javascript/CSS) support(Opera wins) Bob HTML 24 05-21-2006 05:31 PM
wildcard Mark St Laurent Cisco 4 10-20-2004 01:00 AM
Opera 7.53 vs Opera 6.0 ? Hockey Buff Computer Support 3 08-17-2004 08:53 PM
Access-list host wildcard Ivana Cisco 7 07-25-2004 10:36 AM

Advertisments