Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OT - Brother Intellifax 770

OT - Brother Intellifax 770

antwine

(I posted this to a fax group but noticed that group was almost
inactive so I decided to post here. This is one active NG and the
inhabitants are a varied and cogent group. Perhaps someone
can help me.)

I have one of the above, not used for awhile, that I have put in
service again. The problem is that I cannot find the install CD or
floppies (?) or the manual that came with it so I cannot properly
set it up.
I have DL'd the instructions from the Brother web site that
supposedly will provide those instructions but I cannot
install the 4 floppies I DL'd using Win XP Pro. All that comes up is
a blank screen when I use 'setup' and I believe that it may be
that I'm using XP.
Can anyone supply a suggestion or method that will lead to
my getting this fax in use again?

Silvabod

OK, you bought this bit of kit "on spec" from a car boot sale for a
quid(dollar?).
Have you checked this kit for hardware compatability with XP on MS site?
Have you checked the downloaded disk files for a "README" (or similar) text
file for information?

Coulld be there's a lot of pertinent info (on disk 1 download) that would
help ... post back with informative info.

Silvabod.

"antwine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> (I posted this to a fax group but noticed that group was almost
> inactive so I decided to post here. This is one active NG and the
> inhabitants are a varied and cogent group. Perhaps someone
> can help me.)
>
> I have one of the above, not used for awhile, that I have put in
> service again. The problem is that I cannot find the install CD or
> floppies (?) or the manual that came with it so I cannot properly
> set it up.
> I have DL'd the instructions from the Brother web site that
> supposedly will provide those instructions but I cannot
> install the 4 floppies I DL'd using Win XP Pro. All that comes up is
> a blank screen when I use 'setup' and I believe that it may be
> that I'm using XP.
> Can anyone supply a suggestion or method that will lead to
> my getting this fax in use again?

antwine

Silvabod:
I have absolutely no reason to post anything but the facts and it is
exactly as stated - an old fax that I put aside a few months ago
when moving locations and never brought back into operation
until two days ago.
I have googled and checked Brother until I believe I may have
just reached the end of patience. I did fine a manual on maintenance
and repair but nothing about operation instructions. I ran a test on
operation and the fax will receive OK so I suppose the other
attributes are probably OK also but I sure would like to set
various parameters of the machine also.
Other than running Win XP pro there are no other applicable
implications.

news:kDl%e.7404$(E-Mail Removed)...