Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > No standby or hibernate options in XP Pro

No standby or hibernate options in XP Pro

Krzysztof M

Hello,
Im trying to set the computer into standby mode, but the option is not
available, nor is the hibernate tab in the power options.

I may have disabled it somehow in the past. Does anyone know the process
to enable it?

Thank you,
Krzysztof

The One

Krzysztof M bashed at the keyboard and came up with:

> Hello,
> Im trying to set the computer into standby mode, but the option is not
> available, nor is the hibernate tab in the power options.
>
> I may have disabled it somehow in the past. Does anyone know the process
> to enable it?
>
> Thank you,
> Krzysztof

Check the bios

why?

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:06:17 -0500, Krzysztof M wrote:

>Hello,
>Im trying to set the computer into standby mode, but the option is not
>available, nor is the hibernate tab in the power options.
>
>I may have disabled it somehow in the past. Does anyone know the process
>to enable it?

Try finding out using www.google.com , and often posted in
list of XP help sites

aumha , kellys-korner , theeldergeek , microsoft kb

http://www.aumha.org/
www.kellys-korner
http://www.theeldergeek.com/

Using www.google.com among several results for

standby or hibernate options in XP Pro

or a different search

troubleshoot standby hibernate options XP Pro

Use Hibernate and Standby to Conserve Batteries
Windows XP: How to use hibernate and standby. ... Power Options
automatically
detects what is available on your computer and shows you only the
options that ...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...hibernate.mspx -
23k - Cached - Similar pages

Power Management in Windows XP
Power Options in Windows XP allow you to control the power
management features of:
... The label under the first button changes from Stand By to
Hibernate. ...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02march25.mspx
- 32k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.microsoft.com ]

Standby Issues
Standby & Hibernate Issues in Windows XP ... Stopped by
Standby/Hibernate/Fast
User Switch. Computer w/ ATI Rage Pro AGP 2X Video Adapter Cannot
Standby ...
www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_standby.htm - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

H Page - Windows XP from A to Z
Troubleshooting Hibernate & Standby Issues for Windows XP ... Home
and Pro -
Differences. Windows XP Professional include unlike Home Edition the
follow ...
www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_h.htm - 53k - Cached - Similar pages

Microsoft Windows XP - Resolving Power Management Problems on x86 ...
If the Standby and Hibernate options are not present, then your computer
does
.... For more information about troubleshooting standby or hibernation
issues, ...
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...c_str_vzeb.asp
- 19k - Cached - Similar pages

Use Standby and Hibernate
This page describes how Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
standby and hibernate
... In the list, select Hibernate. Tablet PC battery alarm options
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...d/standby.mspx -
29k - Cached - Similar pages

Standby Issues
Standby & Hibernate Issues in Windows XP ... How to Enable the Wake from
Standby
Option for a USB Mouse. Mouse Resumes Computer from Standby Mode If
Option ...
www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_standby.htm - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

Me