Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > There is a movie clip that I want to burn to DVD

There is a movie clip that I want to burn to DVD

ng_reader

the file is currently in a *.qt format.

It's on my PC's hard disk.

I want to convert it to something that will play in my stand alone DVD
player. (It's a Cinevision. They used to be known as Go Video, remember?)

I found this ap on the web called SmartSoft, but surely there must be
something free out there.... ?

striker

If you have Windows XP, there is a program called Movie Maker. Should be in
programs.

"ng_reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> the file is currently in a *.qt format.
>
> It's on my PC's hard disk.
>
> I want to convert it to something that will play in my stand alone DVD
> player. (It's a Cinevision. They used to be known as Go Video,
> remember?)
>
> I found this ap on the web called SmartSoft, but surely there must be
> something free out there.... ?

ng_reader

"striker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsS__e.1176$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> If you have Windows XP, there is a program called Movie Maker. Should be

in
> programs.
>
> "ng_reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > the file is currently in a *.qt format.
> >
> > It's on my PC's hard disk.
> >
> > I want to convert it to something that will play in my stand alone DVD
> > player. (It's a Cinevision. They used to be known as Go Video,
> > remember?)
> >
> > I found this ap on the web called SmartSoft, but surely there must be
> > something free out there.... ?

No, I have ME. And, even if I did, I don't think Movie Maker does
conversions. I think I am fighting a royalty battle, and losing.