Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > how to get SDF file from netlist

how to get SDF file from netlist

whizkid

Hi all,
after syntheising with design Compiler , I manually changed a cell
from the netlist(changed the gate strength)... How can get an SDF file
for this new netlist...using DC
thanks
whizkid

Petter Gustad

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (whizkid) writes:

> Hi all,
> after syntheising with design Compiler , I manually changed a cell
> from the netlist(changed the gate strength)... How can get an SDF file
> for this new netlist...using DC

You get and SDF file from your place and route tool.

Petter
Petter Gustad 8'h2B | (~8'h2B) - Hamlet in Verilog http://gustad.com

Joe

whizkid wrote:
> Hi all,
> after syntheising with design Compiler , I manually changed a cell
> from the netlist(changed the gate strength)... How can get an SDF file
> for this new netlist...using DC
> thanks
> whizkid

Start DC, setup your libraries, read in the verilog netlist file,
setup your wireload models (or even the original constraints you used),
then you should be able to write out a SDF file. But then, as Petter
mentioned, it is better to get SDF output from layout extraction.
Output from DC is not very accurate (since wire delay is modeled
by wire load model).

Joe

Cisco IOS 12.4.6.T1 with IDS using 128MB sdf file blocks TCP ports 402,403? TechDelight General Computer Support 0 05-29-2009 07:25 PM
re.findall(a patern,'function(dsf sdf sdf)') gcmartijn@gmail.com Python 4 07-26-2008 12:54 PM
Are ASCII file & SDF file same? Rachana Computer Support 4 04-03-2008 10:42 AM
sdf file vbehravan VHDL 0 03-08-2007 09:11 AM
SDF file parsing helix VHDL 2 08-14-2006 01:01 PM

Advertisments